Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    crispy_chick Posts: 77, Reputation: 2

Jan 2, 2008, 10:09 PM
    Is this normal?
    Before you read on this may seem like too much info for some.

I vommit after sexual intercourse, This is not a new thing, but its always been this way since the day I lost my virginity... (with every guy I've ever has sex with)
    I only vommit after I hit climax and have an orgasm. I do enjoy my sex and everything that I do with the guy and always have. So why would this be? And is it normal?

All views and Appinions would be appricated,
    Thank you.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jan 2, 2008, 10:10 PM
    Have you spoken to your gynecologist about this?

Jan 2, 2008, 10:32 PM
    No I never spoken to any kind of doctor... I never thought anything of it till I was in this weird conversation with a friend today and she's like that's not normal ey, but before hand just thought it was normal.
    Expert

Jan 2, 2008, 10:44 PM
    It's NOT generally normal, as far as I know. I'm not in the medical field, however.

You really should speak to your gynecologist about this, ASAP.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Jan 2, 2008, 10:55 PM
    Not normal.

Talk to the docs. And don't be embarrassed. They went to school for a dozen years after HS and took out many, many tens of thousands of dollars in loans so that they could help you with these kinds of problems.

I've never heard of this... I'm not an expert in this area... but I just don't think it's a "normal" response...

At least worth talking about. Maybe you are just "wired" differently. One girl I dated shook like mad every time she had an orgasm. The first time I got her there I thought she was having a seizure. I was an idiot asking "are you ok???" and all she wanted to do was enjoy her orgasm in peace.

So.. as mentioned, when in doubt don't be afraid to talk to a medical professional. And let us know what you find out.

Jan 2, 2008, 11:10 PM
    Yeah I too shake after an orgasm not visiously but I do a bit...
    And yeah I don't know I struggle to see a doctor even about minor non embarressing things I doubt I can see one about this... Child birth to me is less embarressing and I went through that twice.
    Expert

Jan 2, 2008, 11:12 PM
    Let's put it this way: You may have something wrong with you that the doctor can fix easily. It may be something minor now, that could turn into something serious.

Do you want your kids to grow up without you?

Isn't a little embarrassment worth seeing your kids grow up?

Jan 2, 2008, 11:30 PM
    True, but its never affected me really, yeah OK I have to either have a bucket ready or be close enough to a toilet (or somewhere that I can vomitt) but other then that it doesn't matter... One ex liked the fact of it (which I thought was too wierd) but they never tend to care, except for the guy whom I have spent the last 5yrs with whome puts the ear phones in his ears so he can block it out...
    I have tried to Google it but wasn't able to find nothing about it...
    I personally don't think its got anything to do with whome I date or attraction or anything like that because like I said it goes way back too my very first time..
    Expert

Jan 2, 2008, 11:36 PM
    And that sounds like a problem to me.

Seriously--how hard is it to say to a doctor "I vomit every time I have sex--is there a possible medical reason for this?"?

Jan 3, 2008, 03:56 AM
    True, but I can't even talk to them about painful sex either... I think its related to my upbringing we were not aloud to talk about any matter related to sex in any way. I am only 20 and to me it is difficult
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Jan 3, 2008, 08:48 AM
    I appreciate that it can be difficult to talk about sex or physical issues with a doctor.

Just remember, you hire them. They aren't your parents. They aren't your pastors. You pay them for their knowledge and help. If you don't access their knowledge because you don't speak up, its like you are leaving money on the counter for no reason.

You do not owe them anything other than professional respect and courtesy... but it places you in a bad position when you look at your physician as someone you need to impress, or that you see them as a "parental" type figure...

A physician, or any medical professional, are "tools" for better health.

We have "fired" doctors who have given bad service, as in we've left their practice and told them why. You need to be empowered in your own health. Its your responsibility... they are just a tool that helps you understand your own body.

So... not kicking you around here... but the sooner a young woman begins to believe that she has control over her health, the sooner she actively demands answers... the sooner she will live a healthier life.

Whenever you feel embarrassed about anything, remember... chances are that physician or nurse has seen SOOOO much more than you can even imagine. Chances are you are a walk in the park.

I'm done stumping.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Jan 3, 2008, 09:06 AM
    I would suggest not talking to a gyno, but a general physician.

From what I can remember from medical books, there is no correlation from sexual organs and vomiting. It is possible that the motion of sex induces some nausea to those who are highly sensitive to motion sickness.

However, yes. Talk to a doctor.
    Expert

Jan 3, 2008, 10:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by crispy_chick
    true, but i can't even talk to them about painful sex either... i think its related to my upbringing we were not aloud to talk about any matter related to sex in any way. I am only 20 and to me it is difficult

Wait... you have painful sex AND vomiting? And you're embarrassed to talk to a doctor?

Painful sex (unless, of course, you were just having fun with some rough stuff) is almost always an indicator of something wrong! You NEED to go to the doctor!

There is no way that anyone here could diagnose you, or treat you, over the internet. You need to be physically examined by someone who knows your medical history.

Do you want to lose the chance to possibly have more children? Isn't it worth a couple questions to a doctor?
    jbaby3306 Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2008, 12:18 PM
    Motion sickness?
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Jan 3, 2008, 03:11 PM
    It sounds to me like a bad habit... or... subconscious "comment" about what went on just prior to the ralphing... or... an attention getting device.

Note: I'm no physician! Check with your GP about this matter.

Best wishes,

Jan 3, 2008, 04:33 PM
    Thabks guys, well I don't suffer from motion sickness, as for an attention seeking problem I really don't think it is that..
    I know you guys can't give me proper medical advice, I just wanted to know if it was normal, I don't was to feel like an idiot saying to my doctor since my very first time I have vommitted after sex and have her/him turn around and say oh that's normal don't worry about it some people are like that...

Choux> I don't understand what you mean by... subconscious "comment" about what went on just prior to the ralphing... can you please explain what that mean?
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Jan 3, 2008, 04:39 PM
    Sure, in your subconscious mind, you are disgusted by sex on some level and vomiting is an outward manifestation of that hidden emotion.
    KD33 Posts: 48, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2008, 04:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by crispy_chick
    Before you read on this may seem like to much info for some.

I vommit after sexual intercourse, This is not a new thing, but its always been this way since the day I lost my virginity... (with every guy I've ever has sex with)
    I only vommit after I hit climax and have an orgasm. I do enjoy my sex and everything that I do with the guy and always have. So why would this be? And is it normal?

All views and Appinions would be appricated,
    Thank you.
    Did you have bad experience when you were losing your virginity for the first time? Because if you have a bad encounter that prettymuch screws things up.. so think back, see a doctor... because it's not natural to have sexual intercourse and puke after... at lease to me... I hope you figure it out.

Jan 3, 2008, 05:16 PM
    Choux.. Thanks that makes much more sense to me now, And sounds like a very possible reason, or something along those lines...

KD33 No my first time was good, I was with that guy 11months before we had sex, And I felt very comfertable in doing it, and I wanted it much sooner with this guy but he wanted me to wait for a bit. So my first time was great... However I have had a bad experience a couple yrs after then, however I been this way since my first time so I don't think its related.
    Xrayman Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 193
    Ultra Member

Jan 6, 2008, 06:43 PM
    It is psychosomatic. And NO it is not normal! I think you may have a suppressed memory of sexual abuse or unresolved feelings about some part of the sex act-otherwise to me it sounds like an eating disorder brought about by sexual abuse. Are you SURE you have not been abused? Do you have disturbing thoughts or memories?

My sister-in-law is Bulimic and it was caused by sexual abuse-this is why think you may have this problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My breasts! Normal, or not normal? [ 8 Answers ]

OK, so I'm 12 years old. My breasts are growing fairly quickly, and now I've reached to about a b-cup. The problem is, my right breast is growing at a much faster rate then my left breast. Now it looks ridiculously mis-matched, and my right breast even has stretch marks! I'm worried now, will it...

Is this normal. [ 4 Answers ]

I just ended a long 3yr relationship. She was very controlling and abusive, verbally. I continue to tell her to get lost its over, she still texts me trying to tell me what to do and when to do it. Or how busy or she won't be home like I care. Does she just not want to let go or is she that wacko....

Is this normal? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 16 month old little girl and every morrning we get up and eat breakfast then I get her ready to go to daycare.when I put her in her carseat she will scream and kick and throw anything that she can reach at me then we get there and I will get her out of the car and throw herself on the...

Is this normal? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello! I just found out that I am pregnant. I had blood work done twice and my hcg levels have gone up considerably. I am nervous though because I have a weird feeling below my belly... not cramps but a pressure. I am only 4 weeks along. Is this normal? I had a miscarriage in August and I am...

View more questions Search