Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jasonstomcat Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2008, 06:21 PM
    SSI and taxes
    My son gets ssi , I'm his primary caretaker. Can I file taxes, its my only sourse of income??
    I had to quit work to take care of him, income level should be enough to file , but can I?? :confused:
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jan 3, 2008, 09:03 AM
    SSI is normally NOT taxable income.

If that is the ONLY income source, no tax return is required.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Before taxes vs after taxes, Washington [ 1 Answers ]

If I am starting a new job @ $11.50/hr, what would that equal after taxes for the state of Washington? Thanks for your help. I am trying to budget for such a huge pay cut. :eek:

I did not file my taxes but had taxes taken out of my check [ 14 Answers ]

I'm kind of worried here... I don't know why I didn't, but it is what it is. I just didn't file my taxes for 2005 and 2006. I also worked for a company in 2004 that paid me in personal buisiness checks that I would cash at citibanks, etc. but they never had me fill out any paperwork and never...

Taxes [ 3 Answers ]

If you had a semimonthly salary of 6800 how would you compute the Fica taxes That would be withheld from your 9th pay check 14th pay check 24th pay check

Filing for 2004 taxes and 2005 taxes [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I just received my W2 from my employer and there were 2 W2's. One W2 was for the wages of Dec 2004 (since the employer pays 1 month delayed salary) and the other one was for Jan - Nov 2005. I want to know if I can refile my 2004 taxes since I just got my Dec 2004's W2. If I add that...

NY taxes, how much? [ 1 Answers ]

Hallo Friends, If I got a salary 3000$ per month how much (and what kind) of taxes I should pay or they will deduct from my salary? Thanks you in advance.

View more questions Search