Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rudydog27 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2008, 02:36 PM
    Low hot water pressure in kitchen sink
    We recently tapped into the hot water pipe for a basement bathroom. After doing so the hot water pressure in my single handled faucet is much lower. None of the other hot water in the house has been affected. I think the pipe we tapped into is the pipe that only supplies the kitchen sink and dishwasher. Thanks for any help. Tom
    biggsie Posts: 1,267, Reputation: 125
    Ultra Member

Jan 2, 2008, 03:39 PM
    Shut of your main or the stop cocks under the kitchen sink. Remove the aerator from the spout and inspect it for debris. Remove the faucet stem/valve and also inspect and flush. A friend helping might be a good idea for the next step. With the stem removed, place a towel over the opening and have the friend very briefly open and close the stop cock or main to flush out more junk.
    rudydog27 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2008, 06:13 PM
    Thanks for the advise, I'll give it a try.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 2, 2008, 07:10 PM
    If it is you hot water pressure that's bad you can forget cleaning the aerator. It would be plugged for cold too. I suspect you knocked loose some debris that is now stuck in the cartridge. If you need help with the cartridge just come back here and there's always someone around to help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Low water pressure kitchen sink [ 1 Answers ]

My cold water pressure is dripping out of my kitchen sink. The rest of the house is fine. Now my hot water pressure is doing the same thing. What should I do?

Low hot water pressure in kitchen sink [ 1 Answers ]

We have low water pressure in our kitchen sink. What causes this and how can we fix this?

No water Pressure in kitchen sink [ 1 Answers ]

Both hot & cold water has no pressure. The kitchen and bathroom are on the same floor in fact right next to each other and the bathroom sink is fine. Please advise:confused:

Kitchen Sink Water Pressure [ 3 Answers ]

I attempted to change out my kitchen sink sprayer hose, when I turned the water back on I get ver little water pressure from either hot or cold water.

Little water pressure in the kitchen sink [ 5 Answers ]

I have lttle to no pressure when I turn on the water in the kitchen sink. The cold it really strong. I am clueless and don't know what to do. Please help! :(

View more questions Search