Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sherbear01 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2008, 11:03 AM
    Installing a tub on cement floor
    We are trying to install a tub in the basement. Drain is already in place trying to make room for pluming of tub?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 2, 2008, 12:34 PM
    I may be able to help if you can expand of what you are asking. Are you asking about how/where to place the supply lines?
    gailaccc Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2010, 11:09 AM

No, the plumbing is already there I am just replacing the tub and it seems like a metal tub should not sit directly on cement. If that is the case what is used between the two?
    gailaccc Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2010, 11:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ballengerb1 View Post
    I may be able to help if you can expand of what you are asking. Are you asking about how/where to place the supply lines?
    I'm new at using this site and I think instead of answering you I put an answer to myself. Hopefully this is the correct way to respond.

All the plumbing is in place, I am just replacing the tub. Before the plumber puts it in I want to make sure that he is doing it correctly and I don't know if there should be something like a rubber mat between the metal tub and the cement flooring.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Removing old tiles from cement floor [ 13 Answers ]

Anybody have a secret for removing the black adhesive left on a cement floor after removing old vinyl tiles? Maybe I should be asking whether I actually need to remove the adhesive. Right now the plan is to use 12" ceramic tiles for the new floor. In fact, now that I think about it I'm...

Shower on cement floor [ 5 Answers ]

I want to add a shower to our basement, the plumbing is not there. How do I put the shower plumbing in? Do I have to cut into the main pipe for the shower? Do I have to cut into the cement, or can the plumbing be installed above the cement? Thanks

Installing a floating floor over existing parquet floor [ 4 Answers ]

I live in a condo and currently have 8" square oak parquet floors. The parquet is half an inch thick and glued down to the concrete subfloor (it is glued with a think black substance that I was told is tar). The flooring has been in the building for nearly 50 years and seems to be well intact...

Vinyl flooring over cement floor [ 2 Answers ]

I want to buy some cheap remnant vinyl to put over my cement basement floor where my laundry room is... I have found the 6'by 9' vinyl but I don't know what I need to use for and adhesive to put it over the current cement floor. Anyone who can help I would appreciate it. Thanks

Raising a shower off a cement floor [ 1 Answers ]

My home has provisions for a bathroom roughed into the cement basement floor. There is a toilet flange and two drain pipes, one for a sink and another for a shower. The drainpipe for the shower sticks up through the floor approximately three inches. The center of the drainpipe is 20 inches away...

View more questions Search