Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    laptopquery Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2008, 02:59 AM
    Laptop screen does not display anything
    Hello everybody,

My laptop does not display anything on the screen. Last saturdau it had problem and started to reboot automatically after 10-15 minutes of start. Displayed some error like "KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR" message in the blue screen. Now yesterday onwards it does not detect the Hard disk. There was no signal on Hard disk LED. Does it the problem of Hard disk drive?
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jan 2, 2008, 08:40 PM
    Service Center

KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR

Explanation:

This Stop message indicates that the requested page of kernel data from the paging file could not be read into memory. This Stop message is usually caused by a bad block (sector) in a paging file, a virus, a disk controller error, or failing RAM. In rare cases, it is caused when nonpaged pool resources run out. It is also caused by defective hardware
    If you're still under warranty, take it in - more than likely it's going to be any of the above, but it's not going to be a virus, there's a Hardware issue. I'm guessing hard drive, depending on cost of repair, if not under warranty you have to decide what works for you

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Plasma won't work as a display for my laptop . [ 1 Answers ]

In the past I have been able to use my plasma TV as a display for my laptop with relative ease. Basically I just connect it up via a vga cord and hit Fn/F4 which shoots the image up to the plasma. Each time you hit Fn/F4 it kind of scrolls through having the picture on both the laptop and...

Laptop screen repair? Useful life of a laptop? [ 3 Answers ]

I have an IBM Thinkpad X40. Have had it for 3 years Spilt liquid on the screen a while ago and now, although the screen works still, it has a kind of mottled tidemark effect and is dark in places (can also see where drops of water are permanently "stuck" behind the screen). Is this fixable?...

Laptop display [ 2 Answers ]

I have a toshiba laptop and the hinges on the screen are busted so the screen will not stay up. It just flops forward(closed) or back(open). The laptop has the speakers on the sides of the screen and they look like they are popped up but I have tried to push them down and it does nothing they don't...

View more questions Search