Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yogeshssawant Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2008, 10:28 AM
    Cost of Debt vs Cost of Equity
    What is cheaper Cost of Equity or Cost of Debt ?
    life1973happened Posts: 322, Reputation: 109
    -

Jan 1, 2008, 10:58 AM
    Cheaper in what way? It depends on what your goal is?

1.) Is it to gain Capitol?

2.) To figure out default premium? Which in most cases to my knowledge debt expenses are deductible.

3.) To figure out cost of equity as a whole?

4.) To raise or lower the expected return?

Your question for me is to vague and needs more information to figure out what exactly you want to know and what the final objective to the question is. I think only then that answer can be correctly given. However, I wouldn't use the word cheaper, as a accountant or otherwise, will tell you the lesser of two evils.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cost of Equity Capital & Cost of Debt capital [ 4 Answers ]

Hello everyone, Can you explain me why the cost of equity capital almost always or theoretically should exceed the cost of debt capital? Thanks, Tanka

Finance / cost of equity and weighted average cost of capital [ 2 Answers ]

How do I go about calculating the after-tax cost of new debt and common equity. Calculate the cost of equity and calculate weighted cost of capital. I do not understand this a bit. The following tabulation gives earnings per share figures for the Foust Company during the preceding 10 years. The...

Debt Equity & Cost of Capital [ 1 Answers ]

McCoy, Inc. has equity with a market value of $40 million and debt with a market value of $20 million. The cost of the debt is 6 percent semi-annually. Treasury bills that mature in one year yield 5 percent per annum, and the expected return on the market portfolio over the ...

View more questions Search