Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    harlysdream66 Posts: 29, Reputation: 3

Dec 31, 2007, 09:25 AM
    Can I get my refund from this store?
    We bought a dress, at a sex store, however the size wasn't right. So we took it back to the store, we were, informed that the stores policy was they would only exchange, the item, with the same price,and same items. They didn't have the same item in a bigger size...
    So I requested that I could , just buy something else, at the higher price,
    Sorry we can't do that, OK I said, let my have a cash refund, sorry we don't give cash refunds, I'm blowing smoke out my ears,
    I paid cash, have the origin, receipt , and was happy to pay the higher cost of a new dress
    What my rights, here, can store refuse a cash refund, on something I didn't use, still in the box,and all I needed was a exchange?
    I demanded to talk to the manger, he on vacation, I demanded that she call him on his cell phone, or was that on vacation also , he talk to the sale person, but refuses to talk to me ?
    Please tell me where I stand here, :mad:
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Dec 31, 2007, 09:46 AM
    I don't believe there is any law that states a store has to refund or exchange any item for any reason, but most do to keep customers coming back.

The company should have a return policy, sometimes on the back of the receipt, maybe on their website. It should say if they allow full refunds or exchange only. I don't see why they wouldn't allow the return if you were going to buy a higher priced item though...

Maybe you bought something they are trying to sell off, that's all I can think of, anyway like I said check if there is an official return policy.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 31, 2007, 10:14 AM
    Hello dream:

Once you buy something, you own it.

It's true, SOME stores have a liberal refund policy. Some don't. They ARE allowed, however, to set their own refund policy. They are not required by law to give cash refunds. They don't even have to let you exchange it.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Store credit refund [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Michigan, our state makes all Mi law available online. Though if you do not know exactly what a law is named you will never find it. I have a store credit at a furniture store that I do not wish to use. How long can they hold this before issuing a refund, if at all?

Store [ 3 Answers ]

Is their a way a person can open their own store on the internet without eBay & without breaking the bank?:o

Retail store [ 2 Answers ]

Do you sell your products to retail stores?

Store policies [ 1 Answers ]

Hi this is my first time so I hope things go good just a couple of days ago I tried to bring back something to the store for my boy that was just bought 24 hrs ago the owner said we could return it then 2 minutes later he said no because we cut the price tag off but who doesn't went you attend to...

Hurt in store [ 4 Answers ]

My daughter was injured in a local store while shopping. A large, heavy box fell on her and hit inside her arm. Her arm is now swollen and extremely painful. She can't use it, and can 't drive. She didn't fill out a report in the store when it happened because she thought that she would be...

View more questions Search