Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    anticuchos Posts: 36, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2005, 06:30 AM
    Lessening scar visibility
    Lets say I get hurt. A one inch scar is expected. What should I do to lessen a distinctive colour (lighter/darker) tone patch of scar? Or make it heal faster and better? Better by means of look more skin-like.
    sheil2009 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2005, 09:43 PM
    I used neosporin sillicone sheets scar reducers, about 30 bucks, to reduce the appearance of a raised, light scar on dark skin. It worked pretty well
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Dec 31, 2005, 09:39 AM
    Scar
    Hi,
    I also use Neosporin, it works very well to promote good healing.
    If the cut place requires stitches from a doctor, any scaring would be determined by how good the doctor is with stitches. Some are very good, others not so good.
    I do wish you well, and Happy New Year!
    Lotta Posts: 124, Reputation: 8

Dec 31, 2005, 10:42 AM
    Someone once said to use coco butter on a scar to lessen the appearance. I have never tried it but it may work.? :)
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 31, 2005, 09:22 PM
    Scar
    I had some extensive injuries on my forehead some years ago. The plastic surgeon that did my work, had me keep some sort of elastic banding around it for along time to lesson the scars.

It did a good job for, at least the short term, but now as I reach the "happy years" in life, they are beginning to show more again.
    Most likely from the skin getting dryed out a lot throughout the years
    jacki1982 Posts: 58, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2006, 02:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by anticuchos
    Lets say I get hurt. A one inch scar is expected. What should I do to lessen a distinctive colour (lighter/darker) tone patch of scar? Or make it heal faster and better? Better by means of look more skin-like.

Try using Magic Cream on it. It would make it lighter. Also try taking glutathione at the same time, will make the lightening efect faster
    panther196 Posts: 64, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2006, 08:41 PM
    Try vitamin e oil.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Mar 3, 2006, 09:24 PM
    Certainly to heal faster keep it covered and moist, preferably with neosporin or an antibiotic treatment.

The notion that an uncovered wound heals faster is false. It tends to scab over more quick, but the wound does not heal faster. As the antibiotics will help prevent infections that could also increase the liklihood of a scar.

It also depends on your age and how fast you heal, the nature of the wound (jagged, clean cut, tear... )

What is the nature of your injury and where is it?
    innuendo Posts: 81, Reputation: 5

Mar 4, 2006, 09:23 PM
    Glycolic and Lactic Peels are excellent for acne scars and un-even skin tone.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Best scar treatment? [ 14 Answers ]

Well I recently got in a car accident about 4 weeks ago, and I got cut pretty bad on my face, and has a big scar... anyone know of a real good scar treatment that has worked for theM?? I have tried mederma and have seen no results.

Scar removal [ 16 Answers ]

I have scars which I got by peeling my acne the scars are on ma biceps and my chest and face they are dark brownish scars can someone tell me a cream or a technique which is useful for getting rid of these ugly scars

View more questions Search