Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rcordova75 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2007, 12:11 PM
    Truck won't start ford 1994 f150
    OK! I am about frustrated lol, as I am sure most who are not mechanics are when it comes to fixing a vehicle. I have a 1994 ford f150 pickup 302 v8 with dual tanks. It started bogging down. Especially when I would try to go above 25 mph. THEN it completely died and would not start. So we bought a new battery and it did start, although it was still running bad. Finally wouldn't start at all, so we changed the coil, Wasn't that. Changed the rotor and distributor cap Wasn't that. Distributor does turn so its not the timing belt. I can hear the front fuel pump come on, I can't tell on the back on. It is definitely getting spark. I have tried to change the fuel filter with no luck. It has compression fittings (like to the hose of an air compressor) that I can't pull off. Could it be a clogged fuel filter that would make it not start? It cranks just fine but will not start. If it IS a fuel filter, has anyone encountered one that they couldn't get off? If its not the fuel filter, what else can it be? I can't take it in to have a diagonostic test as it won't start, and I don't have the funds to have it towed right now. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know! Thanks in advance!:confused:
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Dec 30, 2007, 01:56 PM
    . Check for codes.

. Test all under-hood and under-dash fuses with a test light or multimeter:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post252145

. Test the Ignition Control Module--AutoZone will do this free on their DuraTester. Here's what it looks like and costs:

While we find your parts, please enter your ZIP Code at PartsAmerica.com

. Check ignition pickup:

While we find your parts, please enter your ZIP Code at PartsAmerica.com

. Ensure spark plugs have been replaced in the last 24,000 miles or two years.

The fuel filter should not give you much trouble. Remove (pry off) the "hair pin" clip on each end of the filter, using a small screwdriver, and the line will pull off the fuel filter. Wear safety goggles. Then, unfasten the clamp and it will lift out.
    cfaulk26 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2010, 06:32 PM

I just replaced every thing on my truck just like yours I replaced fuel pump fuel filter oil oilfilter air filter plugs and plug wires I have yet to change the distributor and rotor so I don't know it vary well could be the fuel pump and fuel filter and that will cost you about 142.99 let me know if I helped
    jord177 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2010, 08:26 PM
    Try using starting fluid if it tries to start then you know it is a fuel problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1994 chevy truck, no start [ 2 Answers ]

1994 chevy pick up, 2wheel drive, 1500 series. 5.7L motor. Have spark, but no injector pulse with noid light. No 12 second fuel pump run. I have checked all the firewall fuseable links. It has new computer, new module. I checked all fuse box fuses. I have power at injector but no ground. I...

1994 ford f150 won't switch to front gas tank from rear tank [ 7 Answers ]

I have a 1994 ford f150 xl 4.9 straight v6 with dual gas tanks. When I try to switch over to the front tank from the rear tank the truck stalls out and won't start. Why is this and how can I fix this problem? <PS> even if I switch over before I even try starting the engine the truck still...

1994 Accord wipers won't start [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have a 1994 accord lx with wipers that are balky first thing in the Morning. Eventually I can get them to cycle by using the spray function. Is there a relay or such that might need replacing? This site has been a great source and helped me earlier solve the Main relay issue...

1994 honda cranks won't start [ 1 Answers ]

My 1994 honda accords engine shut off at a redlight. I tried jumostarting the car thinking the battery was dead but that didn't work. The engine cranks but the car doesn't start. Does anyone have any suggestions.

View more questions Search