Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lou1e Posts: 35, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2007, 06:23 AM
    Can u get a false poitive pregnancy test
    I have been trying 4 nearly 2 and a half years and this morning I did a test and it came back POSITIVE at last I'm not due on till tomorrow , I did the first resonse pregnany test which allows you to test up 4 days early , can they be wrong as I still can't believe it , thank you 4 your time and babydust to all those who's been in my shoes and still are xx:) :) :)
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Dec 30, 2007, 06:32 AM
    You can get a false positive, so I've heard... but it is VERY VERY rare.

I would say congratulations are in order :D

CONGRATS!!

Dec 30, 2007, 06:51 AM
    Thank you , I'm just finding it hard to believe that I'm actually pregnant!!
    brown_eyes_3546 Posts: 103, Reputation: 5

Dec 30, 2007, 08:10 PM
    Go to the dr as soon as you can but false positives are extremely rare! But they are posible. I would say congrats!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 30, 2007, 08:20 PM
    False positives are EXTREMELY rare and usually are only caused by certain medical conditions.

It seems congratulations are in order!

Dec 31, 2007, 02:36 AM
    Thank you 2 everyone I have just done the clearblue digital test which came I am pregnant and the predictor which also says I am pregnant so I am over the moon at the moment , so thank you 4 all your replys and a happy new year to all of you , baby dust xx
    sankan Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2008, 01:05 AM
    Congrats! All the\hard works paid off! I hope I don't have to wait that long you have a lot of patience mines slowly running out 8mths and hopefull pg
    Starrviolet Posts: 64, Reputation: 6

Jan 1, 2008, 09:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by macksmom
    You can get a false positive, so I've heard....but it is VERY VERY rare.

I would say congratulations are in order :D

CONGRATS!!!!
    I have heard you can, but it is very very rare. When I first took my first pregnancy test I was completely in disbelief too! And I bought 4 more after that, which ALL came out positive, and just because I wasn't completely convinced, the Dr. did a blood test which they called me later that day and confirmed that I was in fact pregnant! I know that's so silly but I had been trying for quite a while too so I know how it feels to be afraid to believe it, because we don't want to be let down.. again..

But Congratulations! I would say you are most likely pregnant! If it makes you feel better take another test of another brand! But really, as long as there is two lines, it is detecting HcG in your urine, which only comes about when there is a pregnancy:) So relax! Two lines, no matter how light the test line is, is still two lines.

Take a look at : PeeOnAStick.com has some interesting info

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

False Positive Pregnancy Test [ 7 Answers ]

I was wanting some sympathy I went to the doctor last Thursdayto have some blood work done since I had not started my period. They took a urine pregnancy test & there WAS a really faint line - which suggested that I was pregnant. I was SOOOOO excited! I was really surprised because I didn't really...

False positive on urine test [ 3 Answers ]

I am a type 2 diabetic I take and I take 1000 mg twice daily of Metformin, Actos 30 Mg daily and 32 units daily of lantus. My problem is I`m looking for a new job and the pre employment urine test keeps coming back positive for alcohol. I do drink alcolic beverages at all. Can anyone explain what's...

False Pregnancy test [ 6 Answers ]

Could I be pregnant? I took 2 home pregnancy tests and both had a very faint pink line. Now a week later I have started what I think is my period. Could the pregnancy tests have been wrong? Can they give a false positive answer? Please advise. Sincerely, Confused in OK

False positive on a drug test! [ 4 Answers ]

So my boyfriend is on probation and he failed his last drug test due to a poppy seed muffin... Now they are making him call in every day to see if he has to come in and take another one. His probation officer told him he is going to be on it until August 31, which is a major problem. It's a...

View more questions Search