Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aburton Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2007, 10:37 PM
    Plumbing and Slab
    We are thinking of moving our laundry room and installing a 1/2 bath to a portion of our home that is on a slab. The location will be on an outside wall of the house. How difficult will this be? How expensive will this be? Is it easier to install the plumbing for a washer in this situation rather than the bathroom?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 30, 2007, 06:05 AM
    We are thinking of moving our laundry room and installing a 1/2 bath to a portion of our home that is on a slab. The location will be on an outside wall of the house. How difficult will this be?
    You will have to take up the slab and connect to the main to do the drainage. On a half bath the toilet will connect to the main and the lavatory drain will connect to the t6oilet drain and wet vent it. The lavatory will need to run a vent out the roof or revent back into a dry vent.
    How difficult will this be?
    This question would be a lot easier to answer if I knew the level of your plumbing skills, I figure a experienced plumber could do the job in three days or less. He would have to jackhammer up the cement, do the rough and then patch the slab before he could run water and a vent before he trimmed it out.
    How expensive will this be?
    No way to tell unless I were on site to figure the job.
    Is it easier to install the plumbing for a washer in this situation rather than the bathroom?
    Easier then what? If you're asking if it would be easier to put the washer in the bathroom rather then in another location ,yes it would be easier to rough in for the washer when the slab's opened up for the bathroom rough then it would be to take up the slab in a new location. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Plumbing under slab [ 8 Answers ]

I am putting in an earth contact home. I have picked out all the sinks, toilets, tubs, showers, etc. I am confident with the measurements, because I made the floor plans. But I am concerned about problems in the future. Should I put every thing in a sleeve so it can be easily pulled out later...

Moving plumbing in the slab [ 31 Answers ]

We are remodeling our master bath and want to eliminate the shower and replace it with a tub; however, after demo we can see that not only does the vent have to move, but the drain will need to be moved as well. What I'd like to know is whether there are any options (without a violation or...

Basement slab plumbing [ 9 Answers ]

I have a basement toilet. Currently, the drain is a 3" copper going into a cast iron fixture thru the slab. I think they jackhammered up the floor and attached into what used to be a floor drain, or some sort of similar drain - the hole isn't very big so I don't think they installed a T in the main...

Plumbing under slab [ 1 Answers ]

I plan on moving my kitchen sink to an Island. I have a slab foundation. How much will this cost? How difficult is it?

View more questions Search