Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    his_baby_44 Posts: 29, Reputation: 2

Dec 29, 2007, 12:41 AM
    Ovulation ?
    Me and my boyfriend have been trying to concive he bought me an ovulation kit I found out my days and we had made love before, during and after those days but, I still got my period, I took a test and it said negative, does this mean there might be something wrong with one of us or does it just take time even if you know your ovulation days?
    his_baby_44 Posts: 29, Reputation: 2

Dec 29, 2007, 12:57 AM
    Anyone got a clue?
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Dec 29, 2007, 07:43 AM
    Give people time to respond. We do this on our free time... many of us have jobs and families to attend to as well. You will get advice, just be patient.

Ovulation predictor kits detect the LH surge your body releases right before you ovulate. The test only "predicts" ovulation, they don't tell you that you did in fact ovulate. If you coupled the tests with taking your basal body temp you would be able to tell if you did in fact ovulate.

Getting pregnant is not a easy as it seems. There are many many factors that have to be just right in the body in order to get pregnant. So you may have ovulated, but something may have been off that caused you not to get pregnant this month. It can take most healthy couples up to a year to conceive.

You also may not have ovulate this month at all... there are many things that can cause a delay in ovulation or cause you not to ovulate during a given month.

Or you could be like me... I get positive ovulation tests every month, but in actuality I don't ovulate every month. So while I get the LH surge, I don't release an egg.

Have you been to your doctor yet and told them you are trying to get pregnant? If not, you should. They will do a pre-pregnancy workup and should include bloodwork to make sure all your hormones are at the right levels to achieve pregnancy.
    You should also start on a prenatal vitamin.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

About ovulation [ 3 Answers ]

How many days before and after your period are you ovulating? Also how do you know if you can have children or not?

Ovulation [ 3 Answers ]

Do you ovulate when having a period? I am 45 and tyring to get pregnant but haven't been having a regular period but this month I had a real one. However my doctor said maybe I am peri-menopausal, hence the irregular periods. So since I had a real period in July, would I be ovulating still or...

Ovulation [ 24 Answers ]

Just a quick question I have not had a period in over 10 months doc has said that even if you don't have a period you could still be ovulating, how can I find out if I am ovulating without having a period?? Help very confused and frustrated

Take look.ovulation? [ 1 Answers ]

I have detected my LH surge with a home ovulation kit but I have not seen very much of the egg white discharge. I detected it this morning and the morning before but I did not see the discharge throughout the day. I had intercourse the two nights before I noticed the discharge so could it be semen?...

Ovulation [ 1 Answers ]

Is stress a big factor in delaying ovulation. My LMP is just November 11 '05.. when is the best time for intercourse? I'd like to get preggy. Thanks!

View more questions Search