Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kat555lady Posts: 88, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2007, 06:21 PM
    Putting my favorites back onto computer after system recovery
    I put all of my favorites onto a cd disk before doing a system recovery. How do I put them back on to my computer and can they be put back all at once or do I have to put them back on one at a time?
    I'm using a HP Pavilion Slimline computer and running windows Vista. Also using Internet Explorer.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Dec 28, 2007, 07:21 PM
    What do you mean by favorites? Favorites like... on your IE, such as bookmarks?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 28, 2007, 08:41 PM
    How did you put the favs on the CD?
    biggsie Posts: 1,267, Reputation: 125
    Ultra Member

Dec 28, 2007, 08:51 PM
    Hope this helps you replace your favorites

1. Within Internet Explorer, click the File menu and "Import and Export...".
    2. Within the Import and Export window click Next.
    3. Click "Import Favorites" and click Next.
    4. Select the location that contains your favorites and click Next.
    5. Select where you with to save your favorites and click Next.
    6. Click Finish.

Please rate my answer if it helps
    kat555lady Posts: 88, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2007, 03:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ISneezeFunny
    what do you mean by favorites? favorites like...on your IE, such as bookmarks?

Yes I mean my bookmarks. I copied them on to a cd by highlighting the favorites folder then clicking on the burn button

Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    How did you put the favs on the CD?

I copied them on to a cd by highlighting the favorites folder then clicking on the burn button at the top of the page

Quote Originally Posted by biggsie
    Hope this helps you replace your favorites

1. Within Internet Explorer, click the File menu and "Import and Export...".
    2. Within the Import and Export window click Next.
    3. Click "Import Favorites" and click Next.
    4. Select the location that contains your favorites and click Next.
    5. Select where you with to save your favorites and click Next.
    6. Click Finish.

Please rate my answer if it helps
    I didn't use the import/export when I saved my favorites I just burned them onto a cd. Thanks for answering though
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 30, 2007, 07:37 AM
    Ok, Then what you need to do is copy the contents of the folder on the disk back to your new Favorties folder on your hard drive (should have use the Import/Export option). Basically reverse the process. You don't want to copy the folder (if there is one on the disk), otherwise you will have everything in a subforlder named Favorites. You want to copy the contents.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

System Recovery [ 1 Answers ]

My music from my Windows Media Player has been deleted from my PC after a system recovery as well as photos from "My Pictures". How do I recover them? They hold a lot of memories.

Moving Favorites to a new computer [ 4 Answers ]

How do I move my Favorites to my new computer. Both old and new are XP Pro. I have an external hard drive if that helps.

System recovery [ 2 Answers ]

I got a new HP Slimline computer a few weeks ago and I'm having problems already due to a transformer blowout across the strret from me while I was on the computer so I want to do a system restore before I put any of my own things on here. Right now I'm getting script error messages when I go on...

Computer recovery [ 4 Answers ]

I have a HP dv 5000 laptop, less than one year old. It has crashed two times now, and in my frustration, I have done the PC recovery option. So, it sets it back to factory settings. Is there any way to make the computer recover to a later date? So, now, I have to redo everything on the computer,...

View more questions Search