Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jelusnomore Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2007, 03:17 PM
    Jealousy opinion
    If a girl I dated claims to not care anymore and no longer love me, she has a new boyfriend of 5 months. She and him hooked up 2 weeks after our 2.5yr relationship. What and why would she be trying to still make me jealous?

What purpose do women have to make a man jealous.

Does she still care?
    kuulski Posts: 129, Reputation: 11

Dec 28, 2007, 03:37 PM
    Sounds like she is playing games. I don't know if she cares but the question is do u care? You do. She is doing you a favor. I wonder if this guy and her have some type of history. Maybe they were talking before you broke up officially. For her to hook up with him sooo fast seems fishy.
    EuRa Posts: 315, Reputation: 64

Dec 28, 2007, 03:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kuulski
    Sounds like she is playing games. I dont know if she cares but the question is do u care? You do. She is doing you a favor. I wonder if this guy and her have some type of history. Maybe they were talking before you broke up officially. For her to hook up with him sooo fast seems fishy.
    Agreed.

Why are you allowing this chick to control you? She doesn't care. If she cared, she wouldn't be doing what she's doing. Put yourself in her shoes. She's an attention whore.
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Dec 28, 2007, 04:28 PM
    She's probably just a bit screwed up, like the rest of us. Be a whole person yourself. Don't even pay attention to her games. She will grow up eventually, you can grow up now.
    DrJ Posts: 1,328, Reputation: 339
    Ultra Member

Dec 28, 2007, 04:30 PM
    Yeah, she is likely only doing it to feel in control. It doesn't matter if a girl (or a guy for that matter) actually likes someone... they still want others to like/want them.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Dec 28, 2007, 05:01 PM
    I do not see what she is doing to try and make you jealous. Hooking up with another guy? Is that what you are referring to? That is just part of the break up routine. It may not be to make you jealous but to make her happy.

Unless she is doing something or saying something to you that you have not written down here, I do not see it.

Besides, why should you care that she is with someone? Yes, you may still have feelings for her but she has moved on. Time for you to do the same.

There are a few VERY helpful posts in the Help Desk archives on breaking up and what to do after a break up and how to handle a break up. I will list them here and please read through them all. The members here have posted their experiences of what works and what does not. What is positive and healthy and going forward with life.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relati...sh-114179.html
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relati...kup-78597.html
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relati...ed-123862.html
    Jelusnomore Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2007, 11:52 PM
    I am in the moving on process actually. I was just curious as to why she would be doing things to interntionally make me jealous. LOL and her being with another guy is not what I'm referring to . I delt with that when it happen. I don't want to get into what she is currently doing I'm asking a basic question.

Why would she still be trying to make me jealous.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 29, 2007, 07:40 AM
    Without more background, I can only say she is sick in the head, and is trying to hurt, or control.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Dec 29, 2007, 08:13 AM
    You do not want to "get into" what she is doing, so how in the world do you think someone can truly help you here? Like a shot in the dark.

People do stupid things for a variety of reasons - to make someone jealous is one of them. It is about control, revenge, a sense of getting even, a sense of one-upping the other, etc. If you let her get to you, she has won. Instead of worrying about her actions, ignore them. Truly ignore them, take back your own power over yourself.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need to get over my jealousy, but how? [ 12 Answers ]

I have been in many relationships, all of which were unsuccessful. The reason being was because I could not overcome my jealous behavior. I am in one now where it is getting really serious and I really love him... a lot. I know that I am a jealous person with insecurities, I am not denying it. ...

Jealousy [ 3 Answers ]

My partner is having a fit because I met a celebrity that I enjoy and had a photo op and a kiss on the lips from him. He thinks this is cheating and I say it was a harmless thing. Do you feel he is being unreasonable or as a committed partner I shoud have never let this take place?

Jealousy [ 25 Answers ]

I'm so jealose to my husband,whenever we go out,I think he look at other women,I keep look at his eyes to find where he look at.I told him about what I thinking & he said he looks everybody not just women or if he looks women he not mean it.he loves me,he keep saying I'm beautiful.. . But I know I...

Jealousy [ 13 Answers ]

Hello guys, I have a big problem which is I am so jealous of a friend since we were kids and every guy say that she is beautiful I hate them and I do not want to interact with them any more even he says he loves me I do not believe it and I break up with him, what you think I should do? It is...

Jealousy [ 2 Answers ]

Why are guys so jealous even when they aren't dating you? I mean even I get the pangs of jealousy when I see the guy I intend to date talking to another girl. But why is that, we aren't dating? Let's say we talk, but he has the right to talk to other people too since we aren't together. But I...

View more questions Search