Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joneshuney Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2007, 12:08 PM
    Suddenly, kitchen faucet water has decreased within one day
    Yesterday I noticed the water pressure in my kitchen sink (only- the rest of the house is fine) has decreased somewhat, and today it is down to little more than a trickle, I removed the aerator and no difference. This is a new faucet that was put on last year, could it be the faucet, or is it probably from the pipe outside that brings in the water?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Dec 28, 2007, 12:22 PM
    Are hot and cold both affected? It may be crud and debris plugging the inlet ports on a cartridge. Were there any white specs in the aerator or screen?

Dec 29, 2007, 02:46 AM
    I have been having problems for a couple years with white debris building up in the aerator, If this is the problem, where do I start. I am a female alone, so I really can't do it myself, but if I know where the problem is, I can ask around for someone to help. (P. S. yes , it is both hot and cold) Thank you so much for your help
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 29, 2007, 04:38 PM
    I have been having problems for a couple years with white debris building up in the aerator,
    These "white debris", are they hard or can you crumble them in your fingers? Is it just this one faucet or all over the house? Regards, Tom

Dec 29, 2007, 07:46 PM
    I see she states kitchen only and the rest of the house is fine. Maybe we'll get your answer tomorrow.

Dec 30, 2007, 10:27 AM
    It "was" only in the kitchen faucet, they are white, and crumblely, after seeing your answer on here, and noticing that when I hit it it seemed a little better, I decided to beat it with a knife handle, I hit the faucet , the bottom of the faucet, an all over and the more I did it the more the water improved, till finally it was back to normal, Thank goodness, I just could not afford a plumber at this time. So Thanks so much for you help. I will just have to stay on top of it somehow

Dec 30, 2007, 10:33 AM
    I had a TV that used to require the same repair method you used. You may have some calcium build up in your pipes that is breaking loose but the crumby stuff could also be the dip tube in your hot water heater. If this blockage returns soon come back here and someone will help you diagnose further. Remove an inspect your aerator and screen, give it a few more wacks, reinstall the aerator for now.

Dec 31, 2007, 09:30 AM
    I have repair coverage on my hot water heater, do you think I should call them anyway to have it checked, it never seems to be hot enough anyway, its not new, and I'm thinking maybe one of the coils needs replacing, (if it has coils, as it is a gas hot water heater)

Dec 31, 2007, 09:32 AM
    Have you ever adjusted the temp knob down by the gas pipe?

Dec 31, 2007, 10:28 AM
    Yes, doesn't seem to make a difference, and thought that maybe the debris problem and the temp problem might be from same thing?

Dec 31, 2007, 10:28 AM
    Not the same problem of course, but coming from the same appliance
    bobe150 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2007, 05:30 PM
    Kicthen water flow is very slow the rest of the house is OK, it started about 3 days ago now no flow at all the second bathroom have black grited to yellow material coming from water, my husband remove the watersofter which we thought would be the problem. But still no flow we ask neighbor their flow is good, we check all valves/restriction their was lime deposited in tub.

bobe150
    56869a Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2009, 07:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ballengerb1 View Post
    Are hot and cold both affected? It may be crud and debris plugging the inlet ports on a cartridge. Were there any white specs in the aerator or screen?
    Yes
    Miss Tomboy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2013, 03:34 PM
    [QUOTE=joneshuney;799743]
    Thanks so much!! I just lost almost complete water pressure in my kitchen sink. I logged on to my computer, found this article, put a towel over my faucet, gave it a few good wacks at the base and the water pressure is so great it sprayed everywhere!! Thanks again, now I'm going back to doing dishes with a renewed enthusiasm!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No water from kitchen faucet [ 3 Answers ]

Had low water pressure in kitchen , no I lost water for the kitchen faucet. What could this?

Kitchen faucet: water comes out by. [ 2 Answers ]

It takes maybe three-four times for water to comes out , and when it does it comes out like it clogged. When I turn the handle up no water comes out. Is something worn inside fixture?

No water pressure in my kitchen faucet [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone please help me. We purchased an older home back in August. The whole house has great water pressure except for our kitchen sink. The spray nozzle has good pressure however the water that comes out of the faucet is a steady trickle. We have taken the screen out at the end of the...

No water through kitchen faucet. [ 1 Answers ]

Just last week, I discovered that water is no longer running through my kitchen faucet when I turn the faucet on (neither cold nor hot). However, water will run through the spray when I turn the spray on (responding to both cold and hot directions). The faucet is a single handle faucet. I can't...

No water in my kitchen faucet. [ 1 Answers ]

I recently changed my water supply lines under the sink, because they were leaking, so I decided to replace my kitchen sprayer also. Since I have changed the lines and the sprayer, there in no water at all coming from the hot or the cold, only from the sprayer which has pretty good pressure. It was...

View more questions Search