Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    YardEngr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2007, 12:08 PM
    Dripping Moen kitchen faucet
    I have a kitchen faucet which is dripping. It is a Moen faucet and is about 8 years old. It just started dripping. It is a single handle faucet. You pull up to turn it on and push down to turn it off. Turning the handle to the right is cold water and turning the handle to the left is hot water.

What do I do to stop it from dripping (replace the cartridge)? Also, I don't see how to remove the handle ro get to the guts of the faucet.

Thanks
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Dec 28, 2007, 12:25 PM
    Cartridge replacement is probably your most quick option. Most Moen have a logo on the plastic knob. The logo pops out if you catch the edge with a knife point or fine screw driver. Remove the phillips screw under neath the logo and pull out on the knob. Come back if you have any trouble pulling the cartridge and be sure your stops are closed and the faucet has been opened before pulling the cartridge.
    doug238 Posts: 1,560, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Jan 1, 2008, 01:35 AM
    Before you do this, call moen customer service, they will likely give you a free cartridge.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

MOEN kitchen faucet shuts off by itself [ 5 Answers ]

I have a single handle MOEN kitchen faucet. It was leaking from the base when it was on so I had to replace the cartridge or cylinder or whatever you call it and now the leak is gone and it works great. However, if you pull the handle all the way up to full on in any position it stays on. If you...

Kitchen Faucet Dripping AGAIN [ 3 Answers ]

Our kitchen faucet started dripping about a year or so ago. We replaced the cartridge and it worked like a charm. However, now it's starting to drip again. At first it was only in the hot water position (this is a single lever faucet) but now it drips in any position. I know I can replace the...

Dripping Sprayer in Kitchen Faucet [ 2 Answers ]

I just installed a Peerless Kitchen Faucet Model Series 99596 and the sprayer drips water when the water is turned on and water is coming out of the spout. All my connections are tight and no water is leaking anywhere else. Do you think this is a faulty sprayer? Or is it a problem at the...

Dripping kitchen faucet [ 2 Answers ]

Hello. Our kitchen faucet had very weak pressure. I removed aerator (sp?) and the water flowed great, but the faucet dripped. We've since put a new aerator on, but the faucet continues to drip. The faucet has two turn-knobs and the faucet itself. Similar to this, only cleaner ...

View more questions Search