Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    katie-edwards123 Posts: 29, Reputation: 2

Dec 27, 2007, 08:51 PM
    Need to get rid of pimples?
    I usually don't have very bad skin at all but recently I had an outbreak on my forehead and when I get pimples that seems to be the only spot I get them, I wash my face every day and shower daily, but still I seem to always have at least one there.. I also have bangs and thought that maybe my hair was contributing to this but I love having bangs I just need to know what to use or if I should start thinking about a new hair style to make my skin better, I pretty much freak out when I get pimples so anyone's help would be great . Thank you .
    bella muarte Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2007, 09:53 PM
    Oils and greases in the hair might be causing it you might want to try to keep your bangs out of your face for a few days?
    shoegal Posts: 263, Reputation: 18

Dec 28, 2007, 12:54 PM
    I know how you feel. My dermatologist swears to me that hair oil has nothing to do with acne, but I've seemed to experience otherwise. When hair touches my face for too long, I usually get pimples. I'd recommend trying to keep your hair off your face for a while to see if that's what's causing it. If that's not what's causing it, you can try proactiv, which helps so much with white and blackheads. You can see a dermatologist, who may prescribe something. I hope that helps :)
    peggyhill Posts: 907, Reputation: 150

Dec 28, 2007, 01:04 PM
    Do you touch your forehead often to brush your hair out of your eyes? If so, maybe the oils or bacteria on your skin is causing the irritation. If you think that might be the reason, then maybe you could trim your bangs a little or change the style just a bit so that they aren't in your eyes. My friend had this problem, and she was able to have her bangs cut a little differently, but the style was still pretty much the same. Once she quit touching her forehead, the acne went away. Good luck!
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Dec 28, 2007, 01:59 PM
    I agree with bella muarte. Acne is caused by many factors such as hormone imbalances, impurities, bacteria, cosmetics, medications or stress. If your hair is oily from styling products and is near your forehead, it can aggravate your skin and cause acne. So try to keep your hair away from your forehead. Use a gentle cleanser to wash your face. After cleansing your face, apply an acne treatment containing benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid to the effected areas to help treat and clear your skin. There are also complete over-the-counter acne treatment kits that you can use to get rid of acne.
    Mya33 Posts: 22, Reputation: 2

Dec 31, 2007, 06:58 PM
    Use proACTIV it actually does work.
    Aunt Sam Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2008, 09:17 AM
    Proactiv is great
    -

Jan 2, 2008, 03:40 PM
    People have different skin types, and acne treatments will not work the same way on everyone. Remember that what may work for one person may not work for you.
    babyblonde430 Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2008, 03:58 PM
    Proactiv didn't work for me... I used it for 6 months and it made my face soooooo bad. But I kept using it cause people said retarded stuff like... that's how it works... its drawing everything out.. pretty lady is right evry1 is different... what works for one person might not work for you.. lol.. I recommend going to a dermatologist. What worked for me was just antibacterial soap and acne creams with peroxide as the active ingredient... sorry I couldn't be more help... GOOD LUCK!
    -

Jan 4, 2008, 04:00 PM
    There you go. ;)
    Esiwma Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2008, 03:07 PM
    ProActiv is great, but I am allergic to benzoyl peroxide.. so my face gets all red and puffy BUMMER, right ? Some stuff for great skin.. Avocados, mangoes, almonds, oysters, baked potatoes, mushrooms, flaxseed oils, wheat germ, pumpkin seeds, grilled fish, stir fried veggies, fruit, yogurt. A really good smoothie: Blend 1/2 avocado, yogurt, and frozen berries! Good luck everyone !

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pimples [ 15 Answers ]

Tell me best way to get rid of pimples and acnes

Pimples [ 2 Answers ]

I just have a question about my face skin Because of my pimples I got lots of marks and I still have that pimples and it so hard to do shave. I tried ecerything to clear it but it didn't work I want to clear my skin means my pimples and that marks. How can I do it??

Pimples? [ 2 Answers ]

I have red bumps on my penis. I have had them for a couple of years now... even before my first sexual experience so I'm pretty sure its not an std. I think they are just pimples from the look of them. There's different sizes and pop just like zits do. I was just wondering if there is any way to...

Pimples [ 1 Answers ]

Hi,, Im mel, may I ask this question? Please answer it honestly... how can I cure my pimples in a fast way rather in an effective way? Please answer it honestly please...

Pimples [ 5 Answers ]

I have a questions regarding about my pimple problem uhm what kind of treatment (ointment) can u advice me to put on my face and what kind of moisturizer best of my situation?tnx so much I'm looking forward of your reply to me

View more questions Search