Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    klmathis Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2007, 07:39 PM
    Adopted or not?
    I don't look like anyone in my family and I have always had this feeling that my family has been keeping things from me.
    I also have areas of my life that don't make sense. I'm 34 and these questions have been weighing heavy on my heart lately.
    I would welcome any suggestions on where to go from here.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 27, 2007, 07:57 PM
    I have 5 boys, they don't look alike, you may look like someone from 4 generatoins ago, or a combination of several. Looks mean nothing.
    What did your parents say, have you asked them? Have you asked a aunt or other relation.

And the funny thing is, I have a son who is adopted, everyone who does not know he is adopted tells me he looks more like me than any of my natural children.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 27, 2007, 08:02 PM
    I have to agree with Chuck here. My ex had 3 sisters, not one of the 4 of them looked alike or like their parents.

My current husband is adopted and so are 2 of his siblings. It is hard to tell them from their adopted parents. My husband and his sister look alike, but she was adopted from Germany and he was adopted from Russia. My father in law gets compliments frequently on how he looks like his oldest son... his oldest son was adopted in Texas.

So, it now comes down to asking your family whether you were adopted.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adopted brother [ 10 Answers ]

Am I legally allowed to look for my over 18 yr old brother , even though my mum doesn't want too.. How do I go about this.. I am 30 and in UK

To tell or not tell the child they are adopted [ 23 Answers ]

We have young children but as they grow older I am concerned whether we should tell them they are adopted or hope they do not discover. My cousin who is older than I stll feels she is bio yet the family knows different. What are your thoughts

Adopted and abused [ 16 Answers ]

I'm 37 and adopted and I have stuggled my whole life with being adopted I was put in an abusive adoptive home which made me feel even more unloved than before I mean my birthmom gave me up and then I was put in this abusive home I have had the crap beaten out of me sense I was a child my adoptive...

Adopted kitten [ 3 Answers ]

We just adopted a female kitten that is eight weeks old, and we have a year old female cat already. Will she accept the kitten, or will we have to watch her around the kitten forever? Not sure whether she is stalking the kitten, or trying to be playful or not. I would feel awful if she harmed the...

View more questions Search