Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mary777 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2007, 04:02 PM
    Old bankruptcy
    :confused: Debts discharged 15yrs ago through Ch. 11. Credit card sold old debt to NCO collection agency, now they want pymnt... how can I get them off my back before they ruin my credit?
    Mary
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Dec 27, 2007, 04:10 PM
    Send the collection agency a copy of the discharge; they may request a copy of the list of creditors. If you don't have a copy, contact the clerk of court and ask how you can get a copy. Your attorney may have a copy.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 27, 2007, 04:10 PM
    First if this is a 15 year old debt, they can't ruin your credit anyway.
    But if it was discharged in a Chapter 11, just get a copy from the court of the discharge and supply it to the collectoin agency.

Or of course merely contact them and inform them not to contract you further on the debt.
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Dec 27, 2007, 04:13 PM
    Additionally, you need to know whether the creditor obtained a judgement and whether a lien was filed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bankruptcy or not? [ 9 Answers ]

My daughter has recently come to me for advice. She is 27 yrs old, a single mom and has a good steady job. She, over the last 5 years, has aggregated $19,000. Worth of debt on two credit cards. She tore up the cards two years ago, and has been paying, as agreed with the card issuers, $100./mo....

Bankruptcy [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, I hope I'm in the right forum. I read around and this seemed to be the pick. If I missed the right forum, I apologize. I spoke with an elderly aunt of mine this am and she is considering filing bankruptcy on a particular credit card. She's on a fixed income and the interest is killing...

Bankruptcy [ 1 Answers ]

My mom cosigned on a car loan. She filed bk. I continued making payments. My bank account got messed up. I set up payment arrangements. They came and repossessed the car. Can they do that since my mom was only a cosigner?

Bankruptcy [ 4 Answers ]

Does anyone know what the difference is now that the bankruptcy laws have changed? What exactly has changed that would prevent a person from getting a say... Chapter 7 now as compared to before the law changed. This would be for the state of PA. Thanks for any help.

Bankruptcy [ 2 Answers ]

Can a person file bankruptcy from jail? Can they file on their own(Pro Se)? What county to file in--/the county of imprisonment or where the debts were incurred? Are fines, costs, and restitution dischargable? If someone had power of attorney for the one filing from prison, if possible, could...

View more questions Search