Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Pinhead186 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2007, 10:52 AM
    Cant hookup digital thermostat. Only has 2 wires!
    I have a gas furnace and upstairs I removed the old thermostat and it only has a yellow and green wire which the two wire digram it gives me with the digital only uses R1 and w/b . Please help I have no heat.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Dec 26, 2007, 12:17 PM
    You can pull a extra wire. Lots of work. Or get a battery operated thermostat.
    I can try to look up your thermostat to confirm.
    What is the new thermostat name and model number?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacing Analog Thermostat with Non-Programmable Digital Thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

Replacing Analog thermostat with White, Yellow, Red, & Black wiring with non-programmable digital thermostat Model #RTH3100C. Please help!!

Replace T87F thermostat with digital thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

My T87F has two wires Red and White. No code indicating how to connect to the new digital on.

Thermostat Wires - Only 2 Wires (both black) [ 4 Answers ]

Hi there, I'm switching my thermostat for a newer digital one, though when I took out the old thermostat, there were only 2 black wires with white stripes on them. The new thermostat calls for an RH wire and a W wire, but I have no way of distinguishing the two apart. How can I tell which wire...

Changing Thermostat Analog to Digital have 110 volt wires [ 2 Answers ]

I have a baseboard hot water system with a gas boiler. Boiler is 6-7 years old. It has three zones with 3 separate pumps and thermostats. I checked the thermostat wires and they are 110 volts. Folks at the local hardware store I talked to were surprised with the 110 volts but suggested I could...

I think I shorted contact wires for digital thermostat while installing. [ 3 Answers ]

Actually, I know I shorted it! I was installing a ritetemp therostat. C-Blue G-Green Y-Yellow W-White R-Red It seemed pretty straight forward.

View more questions Search