Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kishakanjani Posts: 4, Reputation: 0

Dec 24, 2007, 04:13 PM
    Starring at someone in their sleep
    Several occasions I have been jolted/startled awake to catch my boyfriend starring at me in my sleep at night. His stare is bold & unblinking & it scares me. I don't know what wakes me up but I am jolted to consiousness & my eyes lock with his before he can look away. I have asked him why he does it and his answer was he was just admiring me. I told him to stop but this keeps happening. I wake up so violently that I can't go back to sleep afterwards. One time he was taking pictures of me in my sleep. Despite all this he is all a woman can ever ask for, the perfect gentleman.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Dec 24, 2007, 04:53 PM
    So, what exactly is your question, please?
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Dec 24, 2007, 04:59 PM
    ?! Yeah, I mean... it's one thing if he's gazing at your face lovingly while you sleep... but if he's staring at you like that when you're sleeping, or taking pics... need to bounce on up out of that relationship.

That's just straight creepy.

Dec 24, 2007, 06:07 PM
    Sorry for being unclear, my question is, this is freaking me out, epecially the fact that I wake up startled, like jolted from my sleep and make eye contact with him before he can look away. Its not a gazing look, it's a fixed stare. On the other hand he treats me like no other man has treated me before, very loving & attentive, I care for him deeply too. When I wake up startled, I can't go back to sleep in his home. I don't know why he would need my pics while sleeping especially if he has my pics wide awake & posing for the camera;-). So far this has happened several times, each time we are both supposed to be asleep & I am jolted from my sleep... I don't know what wakes me up but its so forceful & I don't look anywhere else but right into his eyes before he can look away... our eyes lock & each time I asked him why he was doing that & told him it made me uncomfortable. He simply said he was admiring me. I don't want to loose a good man because I'm being paranoid, but again why do I wake up so violently & can't even go back to sleep... not just once but many times.
    Ultra Member

Dec 24, 2007, 06:09 PM
    ... maybe your 6th sense is telling you something... THAT HE'S CREEPY.

Seriously, I think I saw this in a horror film once.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 24, 2007, 06:09 PM
    Why are you waking up, a person looking at you makes no noice, does not touch you, you should be snoring right though it. But yes, I often look at my wife at night, may even give her a little pat or kiss beofore I go back to bed.
    Sounds like you are just being paranoid
    Ultra Member

Dec 24, 2007, 06:23 PM
    @ fr_chuck...

I def agree. I have also looked at my girlfriend at night while she's sleeping...

But... taking pictures of her while she sleeps? That, I have not done. That's what worries me.

Dec 24, 2007, 06:27 PM
    Hi Chuck, that's my dilemma, you are right there is no noise/sound & I don't know why I wake up so violently & just catch him starring... on several occasions. I also agree with sneeze, my 6th sense maybe trying to tell me something... not sure what exactly though
    lavenderly Posts: 88, Reputation: 23

Dec 27, 2007, 12:00 PM
    U know what?

If he is treating you right in all other ways but scaring the hell out of you in the middle of most nights, then you will be better off without a "weirdo" interferring your sleep.

In the early stage you could be just wondering why he is doing the things he is doing now. But as time passes, you may suffer from insomnia or depression due to lack of rest and excessive stress.

Give him an ultimatum. Either he stops this "habit" or you leave him. A cold stare is not affectionate in any way. Perhaps he has hidden intentions. Just beware!
    Ultra Member

Dec 27, 2007, 12:02 PM
    The staring really doesn't bother me too much... it's the taking of the pictures that's just creepy.
    EuRa Posts: 315, Reputation: 64

Dec 27, 2007, 12:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ISneezeFunny
    the staring really doesn't bother me too much...it's the taking of the pictures that's just creepy.
    I agree.

Is he perfectly normal otherwise? Has he taken several photos?

If I were you, I'd talk to him first. I'd let him know that it bothers me to the point where I'd leave him. If you ask him to stop, and he doesn't, it's disrespectful and proves he doesn't care enough about you. And if he stops... then all is good!
    mafiaangel180 Posts: 629, Reputation: 103

Dec 27, 2007, 12:11 PM
    Maybe he thinks your beautiful when your sleeping and wants to capture your beauty on film? Like seriously, maybe he's got a photographic eye or something. I don't know. Either that or he's a whack job. How long have you been dating and how long has he been doing this?
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Dec 27, 2007, 12:20 PM
    I'll wake up if someone stares at me long enough. It must an instinct thing.

I think it is just plain disrespectful to you that he continues to do it after you have told him it bothers you. The photography is unsettling as well. I might make an appointment with a psychologist and make sure this isn't something to worry about, though.
    Ultra Member

Dec 27, 2007, 01:01 PM
    Photographic eye or not, sleeping together is such an intimate thing, almost an act of complete trust, and taking photos of someone while sleeping, in my opinion, kind of disrupts that trust.

If I really wanted to take pictures of my girlfriend, I would ask her if I could. Then I'd show her the pictures in the morning after I've taken them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The Pirate Movie, starring Christy McNichol [ 9 Answers ]

I purchased my favorite movie online: The Pirate's Movie, starring Christy McNichol. But, when I received the movie, I tried to play it in my dvd player, and it said "wrong region." So, I tracked the company down, and they told me that it is a european dvd, and that I will not be able to play it...

Can't Sleep [ 2 Answers ]

I have a question, I am constantly unable to fall asleep. It is almost as if I feel that I am to tired to fall asleep which I know is ironic. Before falling I almost feel like a faint body buzz or tingle that prevents me from sleeping. What's wrong with me? And what can I do to help it?

80's made for TV movie starring timothy hutton [ 1 Answers ]

I can't for the life of me remember the name of this movie but it had timothy hutton in it he played the oldest of 4 kids and there mother took off and he was trying to keep them all together I think it was in the early 1980's

Sleep [ 7 Answers ]

Is it true that you can die faster by not getting any sleep, then by not getting any food? I know this probably has been touched on before. Does anybody have any sleeping issues? Problems? Have you dealt with them or is it still haunting you. For me, sitting here on my computer, feeling...

Now she won't sleep at all [ 5 Answers ]

It has been a week of crate training so far for our 10 week old beagle. We had some problems with her pooping in her crate, found out she had worms and diharia, stool is now firm sometimes and super loose others. She is on a pill for her diharia and we gave her her worm pill last night. She is...

View more questions Search