Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Marilyn Billone Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 24, 2007, 12:35 PM
    Removing screws in old Stanadyne shower faucet
    How do I remove highly resistant screws within an old Stanadyne shower faucet?
    biggsie Posts: 1,267, Reputation: 125
    Ultra Member

Dec 24, 2007, 12:45 PM
    I have the perfect tool --- a small torch or butaine lighter to heat it... then spray with

WD-40 Or penetrating oil... The heat breaks the rust that allow oil to enter

Let it soak in overnight before trying to loosen it, I like to tap on

Screwdriver while applying loostening pressure

Please rate my answer
    doug238 Posts: 1,560, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Dec 25, 2007, 05:38 AM
    Which screws are you talking about? Is this a single handle? Does it also say 'moen' on it? Are you talking about screws for the cover plate or the handle? Do you have a picture? [do not use the torch yet]

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need to replace 'O' rings and Gaskets in Delta Faucet [ 1 Answers ]

My Delta faucet which is probably 30 years old constantly drips. I have replaced the shower head so know it is the faucet. It is a single handle push up for on and twist to the right or left for temperature control. How do I replace the o rings and gaskets? Thank you

Removing Shower Faucet Handles [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I'm a newbie so forgive me if this has been answered. I have an older Central shower faucet with three knobs. I am trying to remove the Hot & Cold water knobs to replace the washers, but after removing the "end" screws the handles will not come off. I tried forcefully but with caution...

Stanadyne shower diverter [ 2 Answers ]

My stanadyne shower diverter leaks. How do I take it apart?

Removing faucet handle after removing screw on top [ 7 Answers ]

My hot water is leaking.. I remove the top screw on the handle; the handle won`t come off.. should I try and pry it off or is there another screw somewhere that I don`t know about? This is a two handle-one spout faucet.

Water suppressor needed on lavatory faucet and shower faucet? [ 1 Answers ]

Are water suppressors needed in the bathroom sink faucet and the shower stub out also? And can you just use a length of pipe on a T, or must you use those copper chambers? (cpvc system) thanks

View more questions Search