Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    prettymulatto Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Dec 21, 2007, 01:53 PM
    Does the Store Manager have feelings for me?
    I work in a retail giant. Being there for a year, I think my Store Manager likes me. It started with him giving me a little coupon book for things I like. Then he started staring at me whenever he was around. I would notice him coming back to my department more and just stand around and watch things. He's talk to people in my department, but while they would talk, he would be watching me work, walk around, and stare into my eyes when I looked at him. Whenever I needed help and he was around, he would do it. He even climbed up to the top racking to get something down for me once. People just looked at each other, sort of confused. We traveled to another store one day, and there he came on really strong. He stared deep into my eyes, grabbed my hand and slid his down it, rubbed on my shoulders deep and slow, hung around me more than others. When other guys flirt with me he just stares and watches the whole thing. He doesn't stop staring until the situation is over. One day I was leaving his office and I heard him whisper "beautiful". I know I heard it, but I pretended I didn't.

There's much more, but I know you don't want to read a novel, sorry. From this description do you think he likes me? I want another's opinion so I know it's not my imaginaion.

To answer your question: yes, I do like him a lot, and yes, I find him extremely attractive. I don't know if he knows how much I secretly desire him; I want him bad. Whether unethical, it is the truth. What do you think he's waiting for? It's been a year.
    peggyhill Posts: 907, Reputation: 150

Dec 21, 2007, 02:22 PM
    Yeah, sounds like he likes you. However, what he is doing is sexual harassment. He shouldn't be touching you AT ALL. You need to keep track of what he does and when. You should make his supervisor aware of what he is doing. Don't travel alone with him.

Even if you think it might be nice to date him, imagine if you broke up. Then he would still be your boss and might make it hard for you at work. Do you live in the US? Go down to the unemployment office and tell them what is going on. Ask them if it's sexuall harassment and have them give you some info on what your rights are as an employee.

Don't let this guy keep it up, even if you think you might like him. ( not saying you do or anything, I just wasn't sure if you did or not). This guy needs to learn about boundaries! If you company doesn't discipline him, you can take action against them legally. Good luck!
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 21, 2007, 03:13 PM
    Whether he likes you or not, or vice versa, his action can cost you both your jobs. Work place relationships are dangerous and you allowing him to touch you was bad on his part and yours. I'd fire you both.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Dec 21, 2007, 03:35 PM
    Tal is right - your manager is inappropriate and so are you for encouraging him. This is workplace sexual harassment and a violation of many company's policies, not to mention federal law. Do not, do not, do not, entertain his attentions any longer. Get smart and keep your job. Workplace flings have a certain way of blowing up and then everyone knows who the workplace tramp is. When he started in with paying attention to you, you should have set him straight from the get go. No means no. Especially when you state that, according to your company, he is not allowed to date hourly employees.

Get a clue and straighten this out before it gets to the point where you cannot.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 21, 2007, 03:53 PM
    First sexual affairs with your boss is almost always trouble, and as a boss he should not have done this, he crossed several lines and this is sexual harassment.

It means he has some sort of feelings for you,
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Dec 21, 2007, 07:25 PM
    Sounds like he is trying to make his boring job more interesting by being sexual with you. He is married, right?

Ya got to brush him off so he knows you are not interested in gambling your job away over this kind of stuff. This kind of flirting(and much worse) happened all the time in the days before it was against the law to harass women on the job.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Dec 21, 2007, 08:45 PM
    Yeah, he likes you.

Yeah, it's a little creepy.

Yeah, each person needs to find their own kind of weird.

So what's your take? Are you interested? Are your freaked? What's the deal?

I've dated in the office and I can tell you there are safer ways of testing the waters for interest than what he's taken...

But again, are you interested in him? If I had to guess, id say you are at least intrigued by the interest he's giving you.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 21, 2007, 08:55 PM
    Yes, you are correct, we never asked her if she liked it and thought he was hot.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Store [ 3 Answers ]

Is their a way a person can open their own store on the internet without eBay & without breaking the bank?:o

Thrift store [ 4 Answers ]

I need to know how to start my thrift store and how to keep ig going good. We have the things I need to know how to keep people coming back.thank you very much. Will I need to spend a lot of money to keep this going?is the inside of the store a good start.like the painting and the colors.

ITunes Store [ 2 Answers ]

Last night I decided to take the plunge and buy my first songs from the iTunes music store. Although the process was smooth and there were no problems buying my music... I was extremely dismayed to see that every song I bought was encoded in Apple's protected AAC format at 128kbps! I can't begin...

Extensive store? [ 2 Answers ]

http://yumeimise.com/store/reviews.php

View more questions Search