Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kayceetee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 21, 2007, 09:00 AM
    Hair disaster!
    I HAD very pretty blondish brown hair with blonde highlights. But I made a stupid decision and wanted to go more brown, and I did it myself. I started with a light ash brown, it made my roots reddish and the rest of my hair blonde, I liked the blonde but I HATE red in my hair, my hair naturally pulls red, anyway two days later I dyed it a medium ash brown, my blonde turned light brown and my roots were still red, so then again last night I dyed my hair a natural brown, now I look goth it is sooo dark and guess what my roots are still RED!! I need help how can I get rid of the red roots and lighten my DARK BROWN hair! The people at work tell me I look depressed and the dark hair makes me look pasty.. I need help please! I am sooo upset -- I just want to stay in bed and cry... :(
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Dec 21, 2007, 04:50 PM
    Dark hair contains a lot of red pigments in it, and it will pull red tones if you use a single process hair color. In order to go from dark brown to blonde, you will need to lift your hair with bleach (hydrogen peroxide for hair) to a yellow stage and then apply a blonde toner. Hair bleaching is a very tricky process and should be left up to the professionals. If possible, visit a salon and have them do the coloring process.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hair disaster [ 4 Answers ]

HI, My girlfriend recently got her hair Stripped and streaked by a student and now her scalp is burnt and her hair is yellow. I need to try to help her repair it and I know she needs a toner, I'm just reluctant to do anything before her scalp heals. Will a toner burn it more.. and how long...

Hair disaster! [ 3 Answers ]

Hi all I'm new and this is my first post and it's a desperate one! I've been having my hair highlighted blonde (using bleach) now for appreox 2 plus years, as my hair is getting lighter and too boring I decided I would like to have my own chestnut brown colour back to look more natural. My...

Is it safe to have 3 lots of hair dye in 1month to try and rectify hair disaster? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I posted yesterday, with no replies yet. Basically. I have got long hair which is dark brown (dyed) base and I had bleached blonde panels. I then wanted the panels red which my colourist did and it looiked great but after just 1 wash all the red had practically gone and I was left with...

Hair Disaster! [ 3 Answers ]

I have been dying my hair for atleats 2 years now. I was told by my hair dresser that I needed to "strip my hair" so that I could get some of my black hair lightin so I could dye my hair a lighter color. So I did what she said and I added my new color and it turned or REALLY BAD!! :eek: it only...

View more questions Search