Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jay_Tee Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Dec 21, 2007, 04:47 AM
    Your attitudes towards re-piercing is?
    Hey, this is my story.. please take your time reading it and help me out?

Well, when I just turned 15 I got my navel pierced for the very first time, I totally adored it but was so desperate to change it, I waited for 3/4 months then changed it into a dangley one. That made my navel pop.
    A year and a half later, I got my navel pierced again, but this time it was at a different studio, the woman said the previous piercer had pierced my navel wrong which caused it to pop.. anyway 5 months later is now.
    I took my navel bar out for just 24 hours and now I keep trying to re-pierce but it keeps bleeding and it feels like inside it's already closed. I've spent £50 on it already, I really do not wish for this hole to close again!

Can anyone help me please :( ??!
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Dec 21, 2007, 05:47 AM
    Have a friend help. Take some aspirin a while before starting. Blood is cleansing, not to mention slippery. You have 12 quarts of it in your body. Put it back in! If you re unsuccessful, you'll have to pay to have it re-done.
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Dec 21, 2007, 02:23 PM
    If you are trying to force the piercing through make sure you wash your hands and keep the area VERY clean... you are running a high risk of infection.

I would suggest going back to wear you got it pierced and see if they can put it back in for you... they most likely won't charge you for it.
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Dec 21, 2007, 08:08 PM
    If you can't push it through with only a minimal amount of force, then leave it alone. Scar tissue can be very difficult and tricky to pierce through, and if you are not a professional I do not recommend you do it. Depending on how closed up it is, a barbell will not pierce through it anyway.

I know you have spent a lot of money on it already, but if you want it re-pierced I highly suggest you go to a professional yet again. You may actually need a needle to go through it again. Good luck and I hope it turns out okay for you. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Piercing [ 25 Answers ]

Lately Ive been wanting a lip ring My parents are very strict about facial piercings but I wanted to know if it's a good idea or a bad one for a 13 year old with a lip ring

Measuring Change in Attitudes Using Likert-type Questions [ 1 Answers ]

I administered surveys containing likert-type questions before and after a treatment. Which statistical measuring can I use to determine if individuals changed their attitudes from pre to post? I am fairly certain that it is not proper to use a t-test. Thanks

Definition of a person who changes attitudes [ 7 Answers ]

What is the correct term for: A person who is nice to you until they find out something about you they don't like and then they are not nice to you?

Piercing [ 2 Answers ]

I want to get a Nabel Piercing except by myself. But here's the thing: No matter how much I push, the needle whont go through my skin! What's wrong? And is it OK 2 use a earring?

Iraq: Changes in Attitudes? [ 5 Answers ]

More on the surge... Looks like the facts on the ground in Iraq continue to make headway over the rhetoric. And it looks like the Dems still see progress in Iraq as a bad thing. Aren't we supposed to be on the same side? Haven't the critics been telling us how patriotic they are,...

View more questions Search