Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Silent Breeze Posts: 114, Reputation: 6

Dec 21, 2007, 04:42 AM
    Who Am I?
    There is this guy in my school, I know he wanted to get with me, but at that time I was quiet, shy, spoke very little, probably because I didn't have a lot of friends. But now I do, and now I feel more comfortable, I'm laughing with everyone and I'm showing my carefree side a lot now. I used to be the quiet girl sitting in the corner, sometimes talks, never loud, never outgoing. But now I'm funny, I'm active, I'm outgoing, and always talking to someone and laughing with them and being myself and enjoying my time. I can't help but sometimes feel like that is what made him change his mind. I began to question whether I should be the quiet girl who never talks or the girl who is funny and enjoys her time and tries to live every minute of her life. I began to think I should go back to being quiet and shy. I began to question who I really was and that made me really depressed. I lost myself. Was I funny or quiet? Should I go back to being shy and quiet for his love? Will I be changing or going back to who I am? I am enjoying myself a lot now and I have friends now, but should I go back? I don't think I'm wearing a mask, but he made me doubt whether this is who I truly am. Though everyone tells me so. :( :confused:

Sorry for making it long,
    But please answer, I am really lost...
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Dec 21, 2007, 05:04 AM
    Who you are is who you choose to be. Sometimes your personality can change as the day goes by. I'm happy for you that you are enjoying life. He probably just isn't sure if you're OK to be with. Go talk to him. Just the two of you. He is obviously not comfortable with people crowding around. He liked you before, I think he still does.

Dec 21, 2007, 11:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by simoneaugie
    Who you are is who you choose to be. Sometimes your personality can change as the day goes by. I'm happy for you that you are enjoying life. He probably just isn't sure if you're OK to be with. Go talk to him. Just the two of you. He is obviously not comfortable with people crowding around. He liked you before, I think he still does.
    First thanks for answering my question...
    Second, I don't think being crowded is the issue, cause he is a main part of my group. He has had chances to be alone with me, and he didn't take advantage... well up until last week. He's been coming close.. but I don't know. His mood shifts from day to day, he can spend a whole day with me and following me and hitting on me then the next he hits on my friend... And in the past when he tried to be with me he was still with a girl so I couldn't accept. He didn't say it straight forward but everyone could tell and sometimes you feel it. I just got so confused because I lost who I am.. shy or outgoing? Perky and funny or quiet and calm?
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Dec 21, 2007, 11:39 AM
    You are who you decide you are.

And no--you shouldn't change for someone else if you are happy the way you are.
    Fiona92 Posts: 20, Reputation: 4

Dec 21, 2007, 11:56 AM
    Look I'm the girl who everyone makes fun of.I'm the girl who no one talks too I'm quiet and shy.I sit in class and watch other people talk around me but no one ever bothers to talk to me.I'm overweight and not ashamed to admit it.Then I met a great friend who brought me out of myself and she helped me a lot she even helped me lose a lot of weight now I have a lot of friends and they come to me for advise.But there all younger then me by a year.People my own age still make fun of me but that doesn't bother me.And if that boy doesn't like you for who you are now then that's his thing not yours and stay clear.Don't go back to being shy and quiet it's a very lonely place to be and be happy that you've got friends around you because there are people who still don't have friends.There will be other boys and you might even like them more then this boy and he'll like you for who you are.Hope this was helpful

Dec 21, 2007, 12:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiona92
    Look I'm the girl who everyone makes fun of.I'm the girl who no one talks too I'm quiet and shy.I sit in class and watch other people talk around me but no one ever bothers to talk to me.I'm overweight and not ashamed to admit it.Then I met a great friend who brought me out of myself and she helped me a lot she even helped me lose a lot of weight now I have a lot of friends and they come to me for advise.But there all younger then me by a year.People my own age still make fun of me but that doesn't bother me.And if that boy doesn't like you for who you are now then thats his thing not yours and stay clear.Don't go back to being shy and quiet it's a very lonely place to be and be happy that you've got friends around you because there are people who still don't have friends.There will be other boys and you might even like them more then this boy and he'll like you for who you are.Hope this was helpful
    Thank you very much, this was very helpful. I spent most of my years being shy and sitting alone and not part of a group. Now thank God I have friends and things are better. After reading what you wrote I opened my eyes to the great things I have now and realized I was quiet because there was no one to talk to. THIS is me. And if he doesn't like me the way I am, its his loss,. right? I'm not so sure, I really have moments when I doubt everything, including myself.
    P.S. congrats on the whole weight loss thing :P But remember, there is nothing wrong with being over-weight or under-weight :P
    macman11393 Posts: 72, Reputation: 5

Dec 25, 2007, 10:49 PM
    Do not change for someone if he doesn't like it when u are happy then forget him u don't need that and as for that u will find somebody down the road trust me u have plenty of time

Dec 28, 2007, 02:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by macman11393
    do not change for someone if he doesnt like it when u are happy then forget him u dont need that and as for that u will find somebody down the road trust me u have plenty of time
    Thanks for answering my question, I shouldn't change for him, especially that he's not showing he cares about me. And even if he did, if he truly cares he wouldn't be asking me to change, he'd love me for me.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search