Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Dec 20, 2007, 09:41 PM
    Text to Speech Software
    I am interested in using a text to speech software program so that I can burn reading material onto Compact Discs to listen to while I am driving. In the course of my work, sometimes I have to drive some pretty long distances. Last week, a customer of mine burned a story onto a CD that I could listen to while making the drive home from his town. I was very impressed that such a thing could be done.

My questions are: Can anyone recommend a text to speech program that is free or doesn't cost big bucks that I could download or purchase from a store? Also, are there any text to speech programs that a person should avoid? I am very careful about what I put into my computer and don't like a lot of extraneous stuff in it other than just the programs themselves.

Thank you!
    biggsie Posts: 1,267, Reputation: 125
    Ultra Member

Dec 20, 2007, 10:27 PM
    Convert text to speech software for natural voice.

Let your computer read most documents with

Natural Voices and convert text to MP3, or text to WAV files

Text to speech software with Natural Voices-- Free NaturalReader

If this helps -- Please rate my answer
    Uber Member

Dec 21, 2007, 04:35 AM
    Any other ideas out there for program possibilities?
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Dec 21, 2007, 12:52 PM
    This is a good one with the company having a good reputation, the SW is $19.40 if interested, here is the site for full details on the App

Download Text to Speech Reader Software
    Uber Member

Dec 21, 2007, 12:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by seahwk83
    this is a good one with the company having a good reputation, the SW is $19.40 if interested, here is the site for full details on the App

Download Text to Speech Reader Software
    Thanks for the information! I will check out the ones that have been recommended so far.

Any other recommendations from anyone?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Excel 15 digit issue, tried converting to text, text to column feature negates fix [ 6 Answers ]

I have the following numbers that exceed 15 characters that needs to be split into its own columns. Down the road, there would be thousands of such rows of data with the first couple set of unique numbers. 890432453253208820,5004500558,05CC,1,0,0,0,0,0,0, 0000,5.0000,2007-01-11...

A speech [ 8 Answers ]

I have attend a public speaking course... n my teacher ask me to talk about "what makes me a chinese"so I dun have any idea... :( n I ned tis on tis wed... plzz.. help me wit it... thankss:D

Text to speech wow [ 4 Answers ]

I was looking for something to make a voicemail greeting since my recorded voice is nasty. This one gave me a big wow: AT&T Labs Text-to-Speech: Demo Does anyone use a text to speech synthesizer that you like?

Text to speech [ 1 Answers ]

Is a website where I can download a thing where the computer reads the page to me?

View more questions Search