Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    froggy7 Posts: 1,801, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

Dec 19, 2007, 08:35 PM
    Political candidate refuses to divulge personal information
    Looking for the title of a movie, probably from the 80's, maybe the 90's. A candidate (pretty sure female... like 95% sure) for a high government office (president, vice-president, Supreme Court, something like that... powerful and rare for a female to hold) is pretty much breezing through the nomination process until someone asks her a question about her personal life. I don't remember if they flat-out asked her if she was having an affair or not, but I'm pretty sure it was something along those lines. And the candidate refused to answer on the grounds that it was no one's business what she did in her private life. And the rest of the movie is essentially her trying to get nominated without answering that question, and everyone else trying to get her to since it was meaningless, and what could it hurt? And in the end, it turns out she hadn't had the affair, could have answered the question, but she was willing to give up the nomination rather than violate her principles.

Familiar to anyone?
    Purukivel Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

Dec 19, 2007, 10:19 PM
    Might be The Contender from 2000 with Joan Allen.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Personal information [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, Can a catholic school give out my personal phone number? I live in Massachusetts and I thought that without my consent it cannot be given out! Thanks

How safe is your personal information with Social Security? [ 10 Answers ]

How safe is your personal information like phone numbers, address's, Social Security numbers ETC with Social Security? Is this something these people search companies on the internet have access to? This topic might be in the wrong area but I posted it here because chuck & con give the best...

Debt buyer refuses to provide information [ 5 Answers ]

I am being sued by a debt buyer who claims they have bought a loan they say I defaulted on. I filed a motion to dismiss but the debt buyer's attorney has filed a motion to strike my dismissal stating that; "As a matter of law may not question either the validity of the loan assignment or the...

Retrieving Yahoo personal information [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, My wife knows her Yahoo id, but she can not remember her Yahoo password or her personal information. Is there any way to retrieve that information or to get ahold of the people at Yahoo over the telephone. Thank You, Fidel

View more questions Search