Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lmnotok Posts: 217, Reputation: 37

Dec 19, 2007, 03:09 AM
    I have a psychology issue
    Hi people,

I'm in a serious psychology situation. I think you guys can help me.

It started when I saw a band performing on TV, and guess what? I am addicted to that band, they are very talented and gorgeous, I found all kinds of information about them, especially the singer. I always think about them, all the time that cannot concentrate on anything else. Its kind of like I return to teenager period, even though I'm 21 now. And I myself hate this feeling, very desperate. I don't want to be addicted to anything/anyone. But I can't seem to give them up, I keep watching their music video clips and interview, dvds...

I even imagine myself meeting them in person and talking with them and stuff.

What I want to know is:
    1. Is this phenomenon normal?
    2. what should I do to get over this? Someone give me an advice, especially someone who was like me in the past :((
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Dec 19, 2007, 05:38 AM
    1. Is this normal?
    YES! It's called infatuation.

2. To get past it?Accept it, embrace it,run with the feelings,don't suppress them,enjoy them.

There is no shame in liking someone/something,just realize the extent and stop when it seems to be going past a boundary you set for rational mature behavior.

Addiction(which I am VERY intimately knowledgeable with)isn't the bad hype thing the media spells it out to be,its just human behavior gone wild,boundries and goals get set aside for the pursuit of feeding the addiction.

Set a boundary,like,"I can listen to them for X hours today, but need to listen to Y for some time also"

Set aside 'you time' not 'them time' and don't do any activities towards the group.

If this can't be accomplished on your own, professional help might be in order, but I believe you can do it on your own.

Ken

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Psychology [ 6 Answers ]

I am going to college next fall, and I am thinking abou majoring in psychology. I am having trouble finding fields of work, and careers that go along with this major. Could anyone help me out?

Psychology [ 4 Answers ]

What is the nature of consciousness? When not fully conscious, what behavious or mental activities (such as perception, learning) may occur unchanged? What activities occur but function differently? What activities cease?

Psychology [ 1 Answers ]

What is the scope of abnormal psychology?

Psychology [ 2 Answers ]

Why study psychology?

Psychology [ 2 Answers ]

What is the medical term for a person who has an unnatural attraction towards himself/herself?

View more questions Search