Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    williammiranda Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Dec 18, 2007, 10:22 PM
    Auto repair
    Besides checking the thermostat (replaced) why is my Jeep Grand Cherokee blowing cold air instead of warm or hot when I turn the heater on.:confused:
    oneguyinohio Posts: 1,302, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Dec 18, 2007, 10:36 PM
    Could the heater core or lines have air trapped in it or be plugged, preventing the flow of hot coolant from going through it?
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Dec 19, 2007, 07:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by williammiranda
    Besides checking the thermostat (replaced) why is my Jeep Grand Cherokee blowing cold air instead of warm or hot when I turn the heater on.:confused:
    There may be a restriction in the heater core preventing hot engine coolant from flowing freely. Do both heater hoses get hot?
    oneguyinohio Posts: 1,302, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Dec 23, 2007, 07:48 PM
    It sounds like the blower motor is working but cold air only comes out. I wonder if a vent or door of some kind is stuck not allowing the warm air to go where you want it. Is there any vent type doors that would change or close off when using regular vents or air conditioning that could be stuck to cause the problem?

Other people have had problems with the actuator or control switches not functioning properly with their Jeep Cherokee's. Sounds like it can a very expensive problem if you have dealer fix it...

Maybe this link will help?

AC/Heating problems in 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee - CNET Car Tech Forums

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trying to repair my credit is using a credit repair agency any good? [ 10 Answers ]

Hi I am trying to repair my credit in the USA but don't know about using a US credit repair agency. Has anybody has any advice? Thank you C

Auto repair [ 1 Answers ]

Yes, I have a 1992 Lincoln Continental with a 3.8 L injected V6. The problem I'm having is the transmission shifts good but slow and only if I accelerate it will shift smoothly into next gear. Do I have a exhaust problem or vacuum loss at the transmission. ...

Auto reposession/Default on Auto Loan [ 3 Answers ]

To whom could lend some immediate advice, I purchased a 2005 brand new vehicle in 2005. This automobile has been repossessed as of 5/07. In addition, I filed bankruptcy (Chapter 13) in 2006 to avoid this very problem, however that has been dismissed for lack of payments. My current...

Auto Repair [ 2 Answers ]

God Bless You all, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year; If I don't chat with you all before the month is over with. Don't let nothing keep you from serving GOD.My Queastion, I have a 1999, 300m, which is out of timing, because of the belt teeth coming off. How do I set it?

View more questions Search