Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mrs TY Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Dec 18, 2007, 01:46 PM
    Sending thank yous for Christmas gifts?
    Should one send thank you notes or cards for Christmas gifts received if you reciprocated with a gift? I never have before, but now deal with clients that give me gifts thanking me for services and I also give them gifts thanking them for being good clients... and I'm just wondering where it's all supposed to eventually stop...
    oneguyinohio Posts: 1,302, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Dec 18, 2007, 01:51 PM
    It would not hurt to send the thank you note as an extra thank you for the gift. I would not say it is required at all, but it would only make you seem very appreciative and make your clients feel they were being treated special... I would stop when it gets to the point of thanking someone for a thank you card.
    CeilingofStars Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2007, 11:23 PM
    I agree with the person above me; it definitely would not hurt to send the card; however, I think you are in no way obligated to do so, and nobody would have a second thought if you didn't. Basically, you're in the clear here to do what you'd like! :)
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Dec 29, 2007, 11:28 PM
    I think that reciprocating with a gift is a thank you, in and of itself. However, a card attached to the gift is something that might be optional to add, but not necessary in my opinion.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Christmas presents/Animals as gifts [ 15 Answers ]

This time of year a lot of people will give puppys,kittys and other animals as presents. Do you think this is a good idea?

Christmas gifts [ 6 Answers ]

Okay, I'm getting stressed! I haven't got much money and I have MANY friends and family who I need to buy christmas prezzies for. What can I buy them I need ideas. Its so annoying!! PLEASE HELP?! An also I really do not know what I want for christmas. I have 100 pound left to buy whatever I...

Wedding Gifts- Money vs gifts [ 2 Answers ]

Our grandson is getting married. The brides family is very wealthy while we are of meager income. Is it proper to give a modest gift of money or more proper to give a gift?

Christmas Thank Yous [ 1 Answers ]

I have a neighbor who gave my daughter a gift for Christmas. I sent her thank you card for the kind gesture. She gave my daughter another Christmas gift later that week. My question is do I need to send her another thank you card for the last gift since I already sent her for first gift she gave?

Asking for Christmas gifts etiquette [ 5 Answers ]

My oldest sister is very materialistic. She sent me an e-mail this a.m. "giving me a heads-up" about Christmas gifts for her kids. She proceeded to tell me that the "kids have asked that they receive cash instead of gift cards so they can buy what they want." I was appalled at this rude...

View more questions Search