Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gijill62 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2007, 11:06 AM
    Domestic violence
    I am a single mother of three boys and I was in a 2 year relationship with an abusive man. Recently I called the police on him after and incident and the police called dss because my children where present while I was being abused. Dss then put them in my mothers care and I am allowed supervised visits but I have heard nothing about how or when I can have my children back. The man is no longer in my life and I don't see how it is fair that because I called the police this happened. Its not right.. I just want my kids home for christmas but they aren't allowed unless my mother comes with them. Does anyone know what I can do. Dss isn't telling me anything like when I can have them back or what to do and I miss them so much. Please help
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Dec 18, 2007, 11:11 AM
    You go to meetings and get you some support from a domestic abuse group. Make sure you keep that man out of the picture. Do not come off with an attitude with the DSS worker and let them know that you are willing to learn to be a better mom and willing to follow their rules. Do what you have to in order to get your kids back. Then do what s necessary to keep them out of crappy situations. Good for you for standing up to a man that wants to knock you around... I hope his a$$ went to jail.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 18, 2007, 11:47 AM
    If DSS won't give you a timetable or what you need to do to get the kids back, then you need to take them to court.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Domestic violence [ 12 Answers ]

My boyfriend was dealing with a lot of self issues, his self esteem was real low because he was having problems finding a job, he didn't like the fact that I was the bread winner, and he was falling deep in love with me and didn't know how to deal with it, so he went out and got high on crystal...

Domestic violence [ 2 Answers ]

By law, do I still have to testify against my boyfriend if we get married.

Domestic Violence [ 5 Answers ]

My husband has been charged with domestic violence when in reality it wasn't such a severe situation. It was I who was upset and he called the cops hoping that they would calm me down, instead they arrested us. I refused to say anything but then they said that my husband was accussing me of...

Domestic violence [ 4 Answers ]

Will the Grand Jury listen to the victim in a grand jury proceeding when the victim wants to drop the charges. If the victim cannot remember the incident.

Domestic violence [ 4 Answers ]

I would like to know why if you turn some one in why don't you do any thing. My daughter went with a man who we thought was very nice till my daughter started supporting black and burses. I turn him in to the Redford po;ice for beating the hell out of my daughter and they put him in jail for the...

View more questions Search