Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jrflors Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2007, 10:44 PM
    How to get bonded ?
    How do I GET bonded and do I need to be bonded ,in which I have a cleaning business that's just starting?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Dec 18, 2007, 03:31 AM
    If you do need to get bonded, you would go to an insurance agent that sells bonds. In order to find someone who sells bonds, you look in the phone book and you also ask others who might be in a similar type business as to who they would recommend using.

It could very well be that you don't need to be bonded. To find out about that, I would recommend contacting the city government where you will be wanting to work and ask if you need to be bonded and also as to whether you need to have a license. The laws concerning having any types of businesses do vary from place to place.

A couple of other great sites that you might also want to consult concerning your cleaning business are http://www.sba.gov/ and SCORE "Counselors to America's Small Business" Information about bonding, licensing and other things that you will need to do in order to start and run a small business are also available on those sites. Being bonded, even if not required by the state, might make you look better in the eyes of potential customers, though.

If you haven't already done so, please remember to get liability insurance! It pays to shop around for that. Some insurance companies only have a few carriers. I got my liability insurance through a real estate office that also sells insurance. There were many carrier from which to choose. I was able to get my insurance then with a company that gave me the best coverage for a price that I could afford.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to get Bonded [ 5 Answers ]

How do I get bonded to start my own business

Getting bonded [ 8 Answers ]

Can a convicted felon be bonded in the state of Arizona

How do I get bonded? [ 5 Answers ]

How do I get bonded? Where do you go through to do this? Thanks. :confused:

Being Bonded [ 2 Answers ]

What are the price ranges for having a business bonded?

How to become bonded? [ 2 Answers ]

Hey guys! THIS SITE IS GREAT!! What a time-saver!! I'm interested in starting a business that requires a service. I need to know how to become bonded?

View more questions Search