Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nymale Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2005, 01:57 PM
    Help with Hydro air System please!!
    The problem goes like this. I have a Hydro air system that uses a fuel burning boiler. On the 1st floor -When the thermostat calls for heat, the boiler starts waits for the aquastat allowing the coil to heat up before turning the blower on. This is like a 10 to 30 second delay from the time the blower starts blowing hot air. When the thermostat reaches temp the boiler turns off. But the blower continues for 8 to 10mins blowing cold air and then shuts off. Everything is working fine expect for that 8 to 10mins delay of the blower – blowing cold air. Does anybody have any ideas on how I can fix that 8 to 10min delay? Thank you for looking at my post...
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Dec 22, 2005, 02:16 PM
    Working from what I know a little about, toward your system. Forced air furnaces use a limit switch or timer to delay the blower starting until the air warms, and to cool the furnace after the heat shuts off. However that is much less than the 8-10 minutes. Likely you system works the same way. Start with relay that controls the blower. If it is on circuit board, likely it is controlled by a timer on the board. The only reasonable repair may be big bucks for new board. If it is just sort of inside the unit, and wires go to near the coil, it could be a bad limit switch. If it has the temperature marked on it, it may be easy to replace. Otherwise, you may need to have somebody figure it out from the model number.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 2, 2006, 07:49 PM
    I have a very similar system with 3 zones. My take on your situation is that there is a energy sayer in the circuit that allows the blower to clear all the residual heat out of the coil. It can be changed over to instant blower and instant shut off but you would have to be in the HVAC industry to figure out how to do that. BTW mine is wired with a special system that uses a variable motor that changes the speed in relationship to the heating demand. A very expensive system. The motors and controlers cost me wholesale 632.00 each. That's 1900.00 just to have piece and quiet. Well worth it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

DX System [ 2 Answers ]

Detailed design details of DX System

Hydro cleaning pipes - worth it? [ 1 Answers ]

While in my home to clean out a backup (not in the kitchen sink), the plumber offered to hydro-clean the pipes with pressurized water to clear out all the gunk and grease. I believe he said it would be around $225. He said this type of cleaning should be performed every 3 years as a maintenance...

System [ 3 Answers ]

Dear sir, I have a problem in my system i.e. it reboot automatically after some time interval. I have checked all the possibilities that solve this problem but I can't found the proper result. So please help me for solving this problem. ...

How do I increase H2O pressure on well system with a water filtration system? [ 2 Answers ]

Howdy, I would like to know how I can increase my water pressure. My current system uses a well pump with a small pressure tank, and "D" control valve. It then runs through a WATERSOFT filtration tank, RAINSOFT water softner, and on the Hot water side, an AQUASTAR on demand hot water system. I...

View more questions Search