Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lhahn2057 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2007, 03:20 PM
    Ex-wife wants children back.
    I am a single father of 3 boys. My ex wife and I divorced three years ago at which time we had a 60/40 split in visitation where she was the primary care giver. One year ago my ex-wife was having a difficult time with the boys and wasn't meeting her responsibilities to them. She signed the boys over to me and for the past year we have had a 70/30 split with me being the primary care giver. I have met my obligations to my children and they are cared for. This is reflected in their schooling and all aspects of their lives. My ex-wife married again in June of this year and has failed to pay child support for 6 months. When I told her she needed to meet her obligations to the boys she told me she couldn't and that she was filing for bankruptcy. I decided to report her to Child Support Services. I gave her a courtesy call and let her know she had been reported and two days later she file a motion for an Order to Show Cause. Now she wants the boys back and she is arguing that I am a single father with no support here in California. Now she is saying my job is too demanding (Police Officer) and that she is unemployed and married and can be a stay at home mom. Meanwhile I have a nanny who watches the boys while I'm at work. My situation has not changed since she signed the boys over last year. I was single then and I am single now. I had a nanny then and I have the same nanny now. I was a cop then and I am a cop now. The only thing that has changed is she got married, filed for bankruptcy and is out of a job. Can this be defended? What are her odds? Will I keep my kids? Sorry for the long post but the situation is a mess. Thanks in advance for your responses.:)
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Dec 17, 2007, 03:29 PM
    I think she is grasping for straws trying to make you worry that she can get them off you.
    You say everything is the same as when you were given primary custody so she has no grounds to prove otherwise. She is probably desperate simply because she is behind in child support and figures getting the kids is her way out of paying child support. I think the bankruptcy can work in your favor as far as her financial abilities.
    You could bring up that she can't afford to send child support so how does she figure she can support them with her. Also You need to point out that for them to go with her would uproot their stability since they are use to their community, friends, school and being with you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My wife is trying to move back into my house. What do I do? [ 10 Answers ]

I'm in Ontario Canada and my ex wife, who now resides in an apartment of her own, has decided that since things aren't moving fast enough for her... she's moving back in. She has been out of the house for at least 6 months and 99.9% of her belongings have been moved to her apartment. The title on...

Ex-Wife will not let me have Children on Christmas Day! [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I live in the UK and have recently Divorced my wife of 18 years. We have 2 Children ages 10 and 6. The agreements on custody of the Children are equal. We both agreed that we would share the Children at times such as Christmas Day as we only live about 10 minute drive away. This was...

How to get wife back want marrige to work out [ 18 Answers ]

I want to do no contact with my spouse me and my wife have kids and I really want to do no contact but we have kids need help please been 4 months without wife

With separated man who went back to his wife.. lost [ 8 Answers ]

My situation is more complicated then I like to admit. I have been with a man for seven years and friends with his wife at the same time. I am 27 now and I have no idea how to live my life without him or her. She doesn't know and him and I have secretly lived our life and I am saddend because...

View more questions Search