Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chuckj1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2007, 04:06 PM
    Hit by a car
    I was hit by a car making an illegal left turn but I was j walking what can I do?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 15, 2007, 04:10 PM
    Please tell us more. Were the police called and is there a police report? Did you get the driver's name and insurance information, or did he hit and run? Did you suffer any scrapes or other injuries? Did you need medical care? Were there witnesses, and did you get their names? Have you reported this to anyone, say, your insurance company? How long ago was this?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Dec 15, 2007, 04:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckj1
    i was hit by a car making an illegal left turn but i was j walking what can i do ??

What are your concerns? Medical bills? A vehicle has a responsibility to avoid a pedestrian even if the pedestrian is in the wrong (jay walking, for example). I think we need more info.

How badly were you injured?
    chauncedog60 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2007, 03:35 AM
    On September 19, my girfriend & I were both hit by a car, as pedestrians.
    She was injured badly enough to be taken to the hospital by ambulance, I was hurt but at the time, my body went numb, and I was able to call 911 on my cell. The cops and ambulance came right away, took the guy's insurance info. and made a report. I called 1-800-FOR-INJURY, a number I remembered from a T.V. ad, which is a law firm specializing in personal injury cases. They sent an investigator right away, and have taken care of everything else since. At this point, both my girl and I are feeling much better, though still in some pain, we are glad to just be alive. It could've been much worse.
    Some injuries don't even manifest right away, and can take a long time to heal. It is important to get good medical attention right away. Our legal team has made sure that we have been taken care of in all respects, with no cost to us.
    Get well soon
    Uber Member

Dec 16, 2007, 06:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by chauncedog60
    On September 19, my girfriend & I were both hit by a car, as pedestrians.
    She was injured badly enough to be taken to the hospital by ambulance, I was hurt but at the time, my body went numb, and I was able to call 911 on my cell. The cops and ambulance came right away, took the guy's insurance info., and made a report. I called 1-800-FOR-INJURY, a number I remembered from a T.V. ad, which is a law firm specializing in personal injury cases. They sent an investigator right away, and have taken care of everything else since. At this point, both my girl and I are feeling much better, though still in some pain, we are glad to just be alive. It could've been much worse.
    Some injuries don't even manifest right away, and can take a long time to heal. It is important to get good medical attention right away. Our legal team has made sure that we have been taken care of in all respects, with no cost to us.
    Get well soon

I thought that the for injury group was a clearing house which charges a referral fee to Attorneys and not a local law firm - ?

Good that you were well taken care of, good that it worked out for you.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 16, 2007, 06:41 AM
    The orgainal poster has not came back and given us any details,

If you were hit and know who hit you and have a police report, you expect their insurance to pay for your damages, and most will. If they drove off and you have no idea who hit you, all you can do is hope the police find them latter. If not, you let your health insurance pay for your medical bills
    Uber Member

Dec 16, 2007, 09:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    The orgainal poster has not came back and given us any details,

if you were hit and know who hit you and have a police report, you expect thier insurance to pay for your damages, and most will. If they drove off and you have no idea who hit you, all you can do is hope the police find them latter. If not, you let your health insurance pay for your medical bills

If this is in NYS and the pedestrian owns a motor vehicle their uninsured/underinsured would pay their medical bills on a hit and a run - up to their own policy limits.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search