Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    crissyxmarie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2007, 02:26 PM
    I'm only 18 & pregnant, his mother won't let me talk to him
    I am an 18 year old girl that lives in Nevada , the father of my child is 16; but turning 17 in January. His mother refuses to let me talk to him or see him until the baby is born. Do I have any rights to see him? What can I do. I'm so new to all this and have been crying for weeks, I have no contact with him what so ever. Help please.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 15, 2007, 02:30 PM
    No, not a single one, and depending on what state you live in, you could even get charged with rape, since you are 18 and he is only 16 just depends on your state legal age of consent.

But the parent of a minor child can keep or order their child from speaking to a adult if they so wish. If you do so, you may even be charged with an interfering with custody. Also the mother could get a restraning order against you also.

Now most of this never happens, but if their family has money or knows people in law enforcement or the courts, yep, it can.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I said something to my friend and now he won't talk to me. [ 4 Answers ]

Ok, earlier on in the school year I sent a text message to this mate with some gay things in it... now he thinks I'm gay (Which I'm not). He told a couple of his best mates, now he won't talk to me and they sometimes call me gay and things... please help.. What Can I Do?

My baby's father [ 1 Answers ]

When filing for child support is OK if I do not ss # of the father?

Pregnant - should I tell the father [ 4 Answers ]

This is more personal question, but I really don't know what to do for the best. I just discovered that I am about three weeks pregnant. The problem is this: my long term partner is in another country where he will be for at least a year. We agreed (because he wanted this) that we should see other...

Does my baby's father have rights? [ 3 Answers ]

I have son whose father is $21,000 dollars behind in child support. He does nothing for the child nor does he spend time with the child. He was not at the hospital when my son was born, so therefore his name was not put on the birth certificate. He has never denied my son so therefore a paternity...

View more questions Search