Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NAQUIN Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

Dec 15, 2007, 09:08 AM
    Just divorced and want to start dating
    I recently divorced and I think I want to start dating. Is it too soon?
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Dec 15, 2007, 09:10 AM
    Define "recently." How old are you? Do you have any children? Some more background information would make it easier to gie you a definitive answer.
    NAQUIN Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

Dec 15, 2007, 09:17 AM
    Divorced less than 2 months. The divorce process took 4 years. 2 children involved and I am 39. I am not looking for a serious relationship, but more of compainship. I was married for 18 years.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Dec 15, 2007, 11:15 AM
    If you were essentially separated from your now-ex during those 4 years and were, for all practical purposes single, then probably enough time has passed that you could date with a fairly clear head. How old are your children? Be careful not to neglect them as they've been through an emotional ringer as well. But all thins considered I think it's OK for you to seek out companionship.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Any thoughts on dating for 41 year old divorced dad? [ 20 Answers ]

I want to get some feedback about a personal situation. I'm divorced for over 7 years. Never been in a relationship since the split-up. I have a 10 year old son who makes me incredibly happy! I see my son often but he does not live with me. I live about an hour away. I want to move...

Married in California, divorced in Spain. How do I get divorced in CA? [ 1 Answers ]

I got married in California in 1998 and moved to Spain where I got divorced in 2005 under Spain's Law. I've tried contacting the US consulate to validate my divorce, but they referred me to the County I got married in. The County has no clue, they tell me to show up there. How can I validate my...

How old is it to start dating? [ 16 Answers ]

I have a 15yr old daughter and she is in the 9th grade. She hates me because I said "No" to her on meeting up with a guy friend at the movies. I already caught her leaving the movies once before and get into a car with 2 guys. Never saw the movie and we were out $20.00. What is the age of...

Desperate, dating a 30s divorced man [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm latin-american and I know this guy since last summer. We began to date in January 2007. I'm 22, he's 34 years-old. He's divorced since 3 yrs ago. We made a connection, but after my first time havin' sex with him, he ran to the shower leavin' me on the bed. I felt very bad and when he...

How do I start dating again? [ 5 Answers ]

I need to meet more people guys mostly, how do I do it? Any suggestions? Do I go up to them? Do I not? What are the limits?What works best for you? Please leave an answer

View more questions Search