Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    msbenn3 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2007, 11:12 AM
    Early release from prison on probation
    I have a boyfriend that's been in state prison for 8 months now and has a 2 year prison sentence and last month I noticed the courts had a probation hearing. Does that mean they might release him early on probation?
    godshed120 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2007, 12:08 PM
    I don't think so. It's called paroll when they let you out of prison early. Paroll is something you get for good behavior in prison. Though when your on paroll there are a lot of rules you have to follow or you get thrown right back in prison.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 14, 2007, 02:56 PM
    No, if he is having a probation hearing, it would be on some previous probation he was on that he would have violated by going to prision. And this will not be a good thing for him at all, since this could add time to his sentence.

What he is wanting is a parole hearing, where he goes in front of the parole board and they decide if he gets released early or not.
    msbenn3 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2007, 06:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by msbenn3
    I have a boyfriend that's been in state prison for 8 months now and has a 2 year prison sentence and last month I noticed the courts had a probation hearing. Does that mean they might release him early on probation?
    He has never been in prison before. This is his first offense. And the courts sent him papers concerning contacting his probation officer upon his release. Which right now states 9/2009 but if he is not getting out until then. Why would they send him papers concerning probation now.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 15, 2007, 08:30 PM
    Again, you don't get out of prison on probation, that is what you get instead of going to prison.

It sounds like he may have had several charges, on one he may have gotten probatoin, which will start when he gets released, but if he gets out of prison early it will be on parole, not probation.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 16, 2007, 05:59 AM
    Hello:

It's true, that you don't get released early on probation. However, it IS possible that he has a stint on probation as part of his sentence after his prison time is done.

excon
    wishfull Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2012, 02:30 PM
    My mums been giving 14 months what's the earliest she could get out

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Early release from probation [ 10 Answers ]

Can I get released early from probation in Pennsylvania?

Early release off Probation [ 5 Answers ]

How do you get off probation early or get your probation sentence reduced?

Early release from probation [ 1 Answers ]

I have served 3 years and 3 months of my 5-year probation term. I have completed my community service hours and have paid restitution in full. This was my only offense (PC 487 (a) grand theft of property over $400) which by the way is a non-violent crime. I have no arrests or any negative contact...

Early release from federal probation? [ 7 Answers ]

I was sentenced to 24 months in federal prison and 3 years federal probation with a 23,000 dollar restitution is there any way to be released from probation early without having my fine paid off?

Early release for violation of probation? [ 3 Answers ]

My boyfriend was just sentenced to 90 days in jail for violation of probation. He was supposed to have been given community service hours, but they arrested him and charged him 90 days to jail. I know this doesn't seem like a long time, however I am just wondering if the courts ever release early...

View more questions Search