Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lhhai Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Dec 20, 2005, 08:03 AM
    The word of action
    Hi,

Someone think of something in his mind (not tell it out). Is there any words that describe that action.
    I'm not a native English. So please help me

Thanks
    DJ 'H' Posts: 1,109, Reputation: 114
    Ultra Member

Dec 20, 2005, 08:26 AM
    So basically you are wanting an alternative word for someone who is thinking something but does not actually say what he is thinking? Ummm...

Words for this action could be as follows:

Contemplating
    Pondering
    Mulling Over
    Considering
    Dwelling
    Deliberating

You will have to think about the context you are wrting this in.

Examples:

Is it someone sat on their own thinking about certain events that has happened - For that I would use "Dwelling"

Or is it someone has been asked to make a decision yes/no and is thinking it through - for that I would use "Mulling Over"

English Lit & Lang has always been my best subject alongside Drama. Hope this helps!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pin-action [ 2 Answers ]

Are there any studies or statistics showing the relationship between the weight of the ball used and the number of strikes?

The name of action in English [ 4 Answers ]

Hi all, I saw the following image on an e-maginze. http://www.dit.hcmut.edu.vn/~lhhai/stuff/child.jpg In the picture, the girl is putting her hand on her nose and try to block it. I'm vietnamese and I don't know how to call that action in English. Can you help me ? Thank in advance Ly Hoang...

Desperate action [ 2 Answers ]

I really want to play basketball but I'm not that good.I practice at home but when it comes to practice I freeze up and I don't do well.I don't know much about Basketball but I go to practice to learn more. Coach always says negative things about my techniques so that I can improve them but I'm all...

MS Word - multiple instances of the same word? [ 1 Answers ]

In MS Word, is there a way to highlight a section of text and get some sort of read on which words appear the most often? Thanks Paul

Adding a word and its meaning to Word Dictionary [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I know how to add a word to the existing system dictionary in MS Office 2002. Now I need to know how to add a meaning to the new word which I added into the dictionary. Can anyone suggest the procedure. Thanks in advance. SAI

View more questions Search