Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    maddjaxxx Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 20, 2005, 05:23 AM
    Need hints on how to clean up feces after backup
    Does anyone have any hints on how to clean up after a bad sewer backup? There is about 2-4 ins of waste and I gag when I try to shovel it out. How can I plug up my hose or make a mask so I can get thisdisgusting task done. I don't guess there is a service where I can pay someone to do this... is there?
    Maddjaxxx:eek:
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Dec 20, 2005, 05:41 AM
    Gag
    Hi,
    This is really the worst job anyone can do in the world, in my opinion. I've had to do the same thing!
    One way is: ask around if there is anyone who does odd jobs, and would be willing to do it.
    Another; Get a bag of powerded Lime, the type used on Lawns, and spread it all over the mess, but wear a mask. Masks are the "surgeon" type, inexpensive, worn over the nose and mouth with a rubber band, comes in a box of maybe 6 of them. Use the mask when throwing around the Lime, keeps you from inhaling it, because the Lime is dust. The Lime will help take away some of the odor, and help dry it out. Use as much lime as it takes to start drying it, and absorbing the wetness and odor.
    I have had to spread Lime around, under my house, when a sewage line busted, a few years ago. That was not fun at all.
    Best of luck.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Dec 20, 2005, 05:58 AM
    I 2nd that: Lime is the way to go. We frequently run into this in basements and crawlspaces.

... and when you're all done, you can rent an Ozone machine to run for a day or so to top it off.
    bbiusa123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2010, 01:21 PM
    Profession cleanup for this stuff is done by crime scene cleanup companies like http://www.actremediation.com due to the hazardous nature.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Something for the guys... helpful hints... [ 10 Answers ]

This is from a David Deangelo article - lots of guys who come here need this... IS HE RIGHT LADIES>>>>>> "You can't bore a woman into feeling attracted to you..." I realize that this may sound like an obvious statement, but judging by the emails that I get week in and week out, maybe...

Rust Stain in Sink- Hints? [ 5 Answers ]

I was out of town for a week, and my housesitter left a can of pet food in the white enameled kitchen sink. The rust ring it left is proving very difficult to remove. I used lots of scrubbing, and a product called "CLR" to almost no avail. The stain has lightened a bit, but is still there. ...

View more questions Search