Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    WARREN29 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2007, 05:15 PM
    Filters in duct registers
    I had my crawl space ducts professionaly cleaned. Naturally fine particals were blowing into each room due to the duct cleaning. I have placed filters in each register to stop the dust from blowing in the rooms. After a few days I was going to remove the filters and vacuum the ducts to remove any fine particles that are left.
    My concern is: it appears that the flow of air is restricted due to the register filters. Have I made a mistake or just used the wrong filter material?
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Dec 13, 2007, 05:53 PM
    I don`t fully understand the reason for fine particals to be blowing out of duct work and into your house, thought that was at least part of why you had the ducts cleaned in the first place,, I`m wondering if the professionals finished their jobs. You should not have to put filters in you supply vents,yes this will restrict the air flow into you home and that is not good

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Vents and/or Registers [ 3 Answers ]

When not using parts of the house, is it recommended to close the vents in those rooms or does this effect the efficiency of the gas pack system? Thanks

No air from registers [ 2 Answers ]

My ac unit is running, but there's no air coming out registers. I went to handler (in upstairs closet) and found the exterior to be ice cold, and wet with condensation. The blower motors blowing away, but there's no air coming past the filter. Usually, I have to turn the unit off to remove the...

Air registers [ 2 Answers ]

I have a problem with condensation on only one of my air registers. This register is in the ceiling and it is in a nonused bathroom with no windows. It has just started this about 2 weeks ago (it is 4 1/2 years old). I was wondering why this has happened and how to stop it? Thank you, Lisa

No air from several registers [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, My house was built in 1990. I have no air coming from the registers in the upstairs bedrooms. My ducting is in the attic. I have examined it several times for air leaks and haven't been able to find any. Is it possible that the wrong size ducts were used for the upstairs, significantly...

Flexi Duct vrs Aluminum Duct [ 4 Answers ]

I am adding an addition onto my house. The local building inspector has already told me my HVAC unit is more than adequate in size to support the addition. The old duct vents are aluminum. Can or should I use flexi venting in the new part? What are the pros and cons of these two types of vent...

View more questions Search