Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kmartinez12 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2007, 04:57 PM
    Sisters rights
    My mother lost custody of her children in a very unfair court battle. Since them we got to see the children every other weekend now the dad has cut all contact with us the sisters.
    We’ve been involved in their lives since they were born. I would like to know if we as the sisters have any visitation rights. We are in CA.
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Dec 15, 2007, 04:05 PM
    I have never heard of sibling visitation rights, but you are in CA, right? Your mother lost custody, you say; does she have visitation rights?

Dec 17, 2007, 04:11 PM
    Yes I'm in CA. Court order everyother week for the kids to be dropped off. There was an inccident were the kids called their dad to pick them up from moms because they got in an argument and after that the father has not kept the visitation schedule.
    oneguyinohio Posts: 1,302, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Dec 17, 2007, 04:21 PM
    Sounds like your mother could go into court to try to have him found in violation of the order. I don't know the age of the children that are involved, but if they don't want to go to the mothers, that might be an issue?

I don't know if the police could be called when child visitation court orders are not followed?
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Dec 17, 2007, 04:21 PM
    He can't modify the visitation rights by himself; he can exercise common sense with respect to problems that arise. If your mother had a lawyer, you should contact him.

Dec 17, 2007, 05:15 PM
    Every time he fails to show up we file a police report. It is frustrating because police can't do anything about it. My little Bro is 14 and my sis is 12 They love coming to my moms as it an scape for them.
    oneguyinohio Posts: 1,302, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Dec 17, 2007, 05:51 PM
    Use the evidence from the police reports when you go back into court. Ask for a fine to be imposed for each missed visit. From what I hear from others, it may take several court visits to have any penalties imposed.

Not an easy situation to solve I'm afraid.
    kauaigirl808 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2009, 04:07 PM
    Hey,
    I would think that you all do have rights to the kids... for sure I no there's something known as granparent rights and there should be something for you to being that you are blood related to those children.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Oct 16, 2009, 01:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kmartinez12 View Post
    Everytime he fails to show up we file a police report. It is frustrating because police can't do anything about it. My little Bro is 14 and my sis is 12 They love coming to my moms as it an scape for them.
    If your in California then you don't file a repot with the police. You take them there with you and a copy of the court order. They will assist in this matter because if the other party refuses then it can become kidnapping.
    love2k Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2012, 04:04 AM
    Me n my partner split up n now his daughter wants access to my unborn child which will be her half sister.. she's saying she has sisters rights? Is this true?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Evil Sisters [ 6 Answers ]

Why are sisters mean:confused:

My sisters [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I have two sisters the same age as me (15) a few years ago they both tried to kill themselves, now this year one of them tried again. They are both adopted (twins) so that might have something to do with it. I was just wondering do you reckon it'll pass, maybe its just them trying to be...

Sisters boyfriend. [ 10 Answers ]

Aliright, so my sisters dating this guy and he's really cool!! Hes a lot of fun to hang out with and he's become a very big part of my life. And me and him are extremely close. But, he told me the other day, because of major drama in his childhood, he turned to drugs. Im the ONLY one who knows...

Adoption of sisters [ 2 Answers ]

Hello My name is chathu121 and I'm 22 years old and I want to adopt my younger siblings and I 'm worried they want let me get them because we are to close in age :(

My sisters adoption. [ 12 Answers ]

My sister had her baby at 8:49am it is now 9:35am. This is her 3rd baby and she turned 17 in February... Her first baby shae gave up for adoption her second one she kept and this one she gave up for adoption as well. When people ask me, "Is your sister keeping the baby?" I tell them the truth "No,...

View more questions Search