Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Britney241 Posts: 7, Reputation: 0

Dec 13, 2007, 02:40 PM
    Single mother grants
    IWould I be able to get single mother grants if I am working but only make 6.50 an hour and I am 17 years old but I have a father that will help take careof the baby? I also would l;ike to know what single mother grants are and how you are able to get them
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Dec 13, 2007, 02:50 PM
    Grants for what? Do you mean going on to college? Your best advice will come from the financial aid officer at the college or tech school you want to enroll.

Someone else asked this question before, please read this archived post:
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/schola...t=women+grants
    Britney241 Posts: 7, Reputation: 0

Dec 13, 2007, 03:25 PM
    No grants for a single mother for like child care or for child needs
    Uber Member

Dec 13, 2007, 03:38 PM
    Child care needs - check your local Social Services for programs like that. Attending college as a single Mom should qualify you for assistance on that. About child needs - again, check with your Social Services. Or your Community Action Agency or Salvation Army or United Way. Sometimes the college offers free child care for their students - one of my colleges did and it was a blessing.

I'll do some more checking on that and will post what I find.
    Uber Member

Dec 13, 2007, 03:51 PM
    I see grant sources on the net and they offer free government grants but they want you to pay for their information. How is that helpful? One might pay and find it all a fraud.

A non-profit agency like Community Action sometimes has a grant writer who knows legitimate places to write for grants. Or check your library for grant resources.

Good luck to you.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 13, 2007, 07:28 PM
    Various states have programs, not grants, depending on income levels for example in TN you can received free child care in specific day care centers.
    There may be training programs for new jobs, and there is normally welfare programs like WICK that help with some food items for you before birth and for you and the child after birth.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am a single mother [ 10 Answers ]

I want to know what my rights are as a single nonmarried mother?

Grants/Scholarships for single moms? [ 1 Answers ]

I am a single mom and I am going to school in Texas. Has anyone gotten any help due to being a single parent? Thanks for any help!

Single Mother [ 1 Answers ]

I`m living with single mom and her 8 years old son, If we separate, Can the mother sue me for child support for her child, despite that I`m not his biological father ?

View more questions Search