Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    thinhtran Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2007, 02:12 PM
    30 days notice in WA
    Hi, I had verbal agreement to have tenant live in my house on monthly basic. I want to terminate the rent and sell my house. I sent tenant a 30 days notice via email. I wrote:

"Please treat this letter as 30 days notice terminating your tenancy. You need to vacate the house by 01/15/08. Prorated rent in the amount of ..."

Tenant received and replied my email that he will move out on the date above.

Does the content good enough for tenant to serve as 30 days notice?

Thanks,
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 13, 2007, 02:15 PM
    I would follow it up in writing, Just in case the tenant balks.
    thinhtran Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2007, 02:19 PM
    Do you have sample format of 30 days termination notice? Thanks
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 13, 2007, 02:26 PM
    Please be advised that I am terminating your residency effective 1/15/08. This notice constituttes your 30 notification of said termination.
    pacific nw Posts: 117, Reputation: 11
    -

Dec 16, 2007, 03:26 PM
    If the property is within the City of Seattle, the eviction process is tedious and anti-landlord.

If the tenant moves out voluntarily you have little trouble. If they are in the City of Seattle and are giving you a problem, "Good Luck". Hire an attorney and get the process going immediately. Do everything by Certified Mail /Return Receipt and document everything.

You can remove a tenant for various reasons, one being that you intend to sell, or have a family member move in, but you may be required to pay the tenant $2,000 relocation assistance. Doesn't seem fair, but Seattle is a difficult place to be a LandLord.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

30 days notice? [ 1 Answers ]

I do not have a lease. The rent is due on the 5th of the month. Should I be able to stay until the 5th? Wthen do I have to give my 30 days notice? Does the LL have to have it by December 1st or 5th?

After the 3 day notice or quit when does 30 days begin [ 6 Answers ]

After I send the 3 day notice or quit when can I begin the eviction proceeding

Breaking Lease - 60 days notice [ 2 Answers ]

I am buying a house this month and wants some help on how to proceed with breaking my lease and not having to pay out of pocket. My lease will expire at the end of December. I am planning to move at the end of September. I was thinking of giving the apartment a 60 days notice advising them that...

30 Days Notice with no lease agreement? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, my lease expired in the fall and my landlord and I never made any formal or verbal agreement as to a lease arrangement since (infact, I didn't hear from him until the beginning of April about it). At the middle of the month I was told I needed to move for my job, though I told him at the...

Need to give 60 days notice, but rent is increasing in thirty days [ 3 Answers ]

I have rented the condo I am in now for over two years. After the initial lease term of one year, I went on a month-to-month basis. I am required to give 60 days notice prior to vacating the property. My landlord notified me at the end of this month (february) that the rent would be...

View more questions Search