Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Julesgarden Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2007, 03:25 AM
    Just happened to me. I do online banking,found a negative available balance, my check is direct deposit. Had a judgement against me, I wrote letter committing to $50 a month, they accepted several checks, checked my balance the other day, after talking to my credit union-- my account is frozen for 6 weeks. Never notified. I have bills paid automatically, all will bounce---any advice. I have $4.00 cash on me to last 6 weeks. I find this very unethical. it's just not right!!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 13, 2007, 05:17 AM
    First its not a good idea to piggyback your question on someone else's. This can lead to confusion. You should start a new thread. So I've moved your question to its own thread.

Did they ever accept the agreement? Just accepting your checks was not enough. As for unethical, I don't know why you defaulted, but isn't reneging on a debt also unethical?

As to what you can do now, I doubt if there is much you can do. You can try cancelling the automatic bills. For starters. But if they have a judgement against you, then they have the right to attach your account.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Frozen bank acct [ 5 Answers ]

My bank acct was frozen by a debt collector but I don't have the money to pay it off now, the debt collector told me I could make a payment arrangement with them but my unemployment check is not enough for me to start paying off my debt and he told me there's interest building on the debt everyday...

Frozen bank acct. Exemptions [ 1 Answers ]

HI, My bank account has a restraining order because of wife's old credit card debt. They got me with almost 800 bucks in the account. My wife has 2 deposits from her work in one week. I have read that 90% of wages per week are exempt. Can I file a notice to vacate the order because of this or am I...

How do I get judement on his bank acct [ 1 Answers ]

I wrote about taking the guy back to court and you said frank that I could garnish his wages or bank acct but he do not week and owes a trailer park and he add his friend on the trailer park but I know he got a bank acct how do I go about getting papers served on his acct?

Frozen bank acct [ 3 Answers ]

I had my bank acct frozen... from a old credit card bill... that I forgot about because I've been moving around the country... I haven't got a bill in probley about 5 years... I have agreed to pay 200.00 a month... but did not sign the papers yet.. can I go bankrupt still... I can't afford 200.00...

IRA Bank Acct. [ 1 Answers ]

Can they freez an IRA acct at a Bank?

View more questions Search