Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    asalgado Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2007, 07:56 PM
    Lights flickering with buzzing sound
    My lights flicker and I hear a buzzing sound near the wall in my house where the outside outlet is. Any thoughts?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Dec 11, 2007, 08:00 PM
    My first thought is to kill that breaker. You likely have a loose connection and I'd start by checking that outlet and anything on the circuit. Look for bad or broken connections and/or shorts.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Motion Sensing Wall Switch causes flickering lights [ 4 Answers ]

I just bought a Cooper Motion sensing wall switch. I wired it (correctly?) and I am getting flickering lights when the switch automatically turns itself off. I have good lights in the "on" positions, and when I turn the lights off there is no flicker. However, when the "motion" stops, the light...

Flickering lights [ 1 Answers ]

:mad: i have some lights that are flickering in the down stairs bath and hall and a small computer room what could be the problem? I think it could be a week braker, or a bad connection. What do you think. Thanks for any help.

Flickering lights [ 37 Answers ]

Bigg oops I thought I double posted the question some how and edited/lost the origonal Dangit will try to recompose it Issue of dimming lights, brightening of lights, constant flickering. All these would be a lot worse of a flicker when it is night time or windy out, but still quite often in...

Buzzing lights II [ 6 Answers ]

I have sconce lights on a dimmer and, when I dim the lights, they start to buzz. I have the same problem with my kitchen light. I have tried changing dimmers, and using rough service bulbs and still the problem persists. Someone suggested halogina light bulbs. Would they work? Where do you buy...

Buzzing sound stays on for a few minutes when Furnace starts! [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, My gaz furnace is 2 years old and it was running smoothly last year. This year however, it started making a buzzing sound when it starts up. The sound stays for a few minutes and then stops when the heat as been blowing a few seconds. Could anyone give me advice on what this noise...

View more questions Search