Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    matt_bugatti Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2007, 10:51 AM
    Carrier furnace, Rattling fan
    I have a Carrier 8000TS with WeatherMaker furnace. It puts out enough heat and keeps up with thermostat control however while it is blowing heat there is a very loud clicking sound coming from inside the furnace. It sounds like someone is putting a stick in a rotating fan so I opened up the access doors to ensure a fan wasn't hitting it but the sound continues... any suggestions would help, even a link to some schematics to narrow down the source.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Dec 9, 2007, 06:06 PM
    Is the sound coming from the fan? Is something stucK in the blower like a paper diagram that got sucked off the door when the glue went bad?
    matt_bugatti Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2007, 07:07 PM
    There is nothing stuck in the small visible fan. When I took a look while it was running the small fan in front seemed to be fine then I heard the sound coming from behind it yet...
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Dec 9, 2007, 10:28 PM
    Beats me unless the fan blade in the smaller blower/inducer fan lost one of its fan blades.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Carrier furnace [ 2 Answers ]

Blower runs, furnace won't ignite. ( pilot light IS WORKING) 1. filter was cleaned 2. thermostat reprogrammed . Is there anything we can do beafore calling service?

Carrier Furnace [ 1 Answers ]

Motor runs, pilot light won't ignite. Led blinks no clue what it means after 5 minutes the motor stops.

Carrier furnace [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Carrier Furnace that will not light. It has an electronic igniter. I turn the power off and on and the blower works but it will not ignite. It cycles two or three times and turns off. It has a red light that blinks on and off intermittently.

Carrier Furnace [ 4 Answers ]

I am looking at furnace for a friend. The furnace will come on with that small fan and the pilot will light. However, the burner will not catch. This unit has a igniter I suspect that the igniter is bad. Is there any way to test it?

View more questions Search