Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    diff Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2007, 08:44 AM
    Lennox electric furnace, blower off alignment, rubbing housing
    Excuse my lack of mechanical knowledge and I hope I can explain the problem in an understandable way. The blower on the electric furnace has gotten out of alignment(?) and is rubbing the housing(?). I can put it in the correct position so it does not rub by physically holding the shaft but cannot get it to stay in that position. I don't know if there is a part in the rear of the unit that should hold the shaft in the correct position or if the tension on the motor belt should do so or what. Hope my question is somewhat understandable and any help would be appreciated.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Dec 8, 2007, 08:52 AM
    Sounds like your motor mount might be broken or the blower bearings/support might be shot. That is the best I can do with your description. Take it apart and fix it if you know what you are doing if not call for service.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lennox electric furnace [ 5 Answers ]

I have a lennox electric furnace w/ac. It is about 30yrs old and just stopped heating. How hard is it to replace the heating elements? Can I do it myself?

Lennox Electric Furnace doesn't restart [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have a Lennox EC10 electric furnace that doesn't seem to start when the thermostat demands. The furnace does start up but the air is not really hot so it seems to stay on for such a long time before the thermostat is satisfied. I was using a digital thermostat and thought that something may...

Lennox furnace blower doesn't come on when on "auto" [ 5 Answers ]

I have a Lennox furnace model G23Q3/4-100-2. When the thermostat calls for heat, the igniter will light the pilot, the gas will come on and light, but the blower does not come on and the furnace will shut off after a few minutes (overheats because of no blower). I can turn the thermostat to on...

Blower during furnace operation on electric Coleman Evcon [ 2 Answers ]

I just installed a programmable thermostat for an electric Coleman Evcon furnace. Now when the furnace comes on the blower also comes on. Sometimes the blower goes off a minute or so before the furnace stops. It never did this before- in fact I didn't even know there was a blower. Do I need to...

Wiring diagram for a Lennox Model E8-25-1 Electric Furnace. [ 1 Answers ]

The wiring Diagarm on the front panel is not clear enough to read. Also I need to know the proper sequencers & limits to use in this furnace. The furnace has been worked on by several people and I would like to rewire With all new parts

View more questions Search