Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joshuajones06 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2007, 01:11 PM
    How can I get my father's name add my birth certificate; where do I go, and what all
    How can I get my father's name add my birth certificate; where do I go, and what all has to be done.
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Dec 6, 2007, 01:28 PM
    You would have to research laws of your state. You would most likely have to petition the courts and submit proof of parentage. Some states may not allow it, here is an example
    Changing (amending) a birth record

Good luck to you
    Nicole98 Posts: 42, Reputation: 0

Dec 7, 2007, 01:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by joshuajones06
    How can I get my father's name add my birth certificate; where do I go, and what all has to be done.
    Usually it needs to be court ordered then you go to your Dept of Health vital records and have him listed on the birth certificate
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 7, 2007, 01:48 PM
    I'm confused. Was your biological father not listed on the birth certificate? Is there any father's name there now? Is it your bio father or a stepfather you want to add? How old are you?
    s10f86 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2009, 09:08 AM
    I have the same problem. My parents were never married. My mother listed "father unknown" on the birth certificate, and kept me from my father my entire life. I met my Dad when I was 23 - 15 years ago, and we have had a good relationship since then. My father died two weeks ago, and my mother had nothing but terrible things to say about him, including that he never gave her a dime in support. The state of Indiana informed me today that my father had, in fact, paid her support as recently last month, and going back quite some time - and I know he had to have far overpaid what he owed in arrears, since I remember mom saying she took him to court when I was 14 (24 years ago). Yet I have nothing with my father's name on it. No personal proof that he is my Dad. I want my Dad on my birth certificate, he deserves that much. I would ike to know how to make that happen, and what I need to do to get it done. The state child support office will not give me the information, and the county clerk where I was born says paternity records are sealed to me, even though I am the child! What can I do here?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Father's name on birth certificate [ 1 Answers ]

I am a pregnant unwed mother. I want to use the father's last name, hyphenated with my own on the birth certificate, but for various reasons, I do not want to state the father's name on the birth certificate. I live in California, is this allowable?

Father's name not on birth certificate [ 3 Answers ]

If a Father's name is not on a birth certificate what rights does he have?

Father's name on birth certificate [ 7 Answers ]

If the parents are unmarried, does the father need to be present for the mother to put his name on the birth certificate?:confused: :confused:

Removing father's name from birth certificate [ 1 Answers ]

When my daughter was born the guy I was seeing at the time and the man that I thought was her father signed the birth certificate, shortly thereafter we have found out he is in fact not her father and I am wanting his name removed from the birth certificate and her last name changed. How do I go...

Getting father's name on the birth certificate [ 1 Answers ]

I have a daughter that was born in Japan on a military base (we are both US citizens). Her father lives in the states. He was not present at birth and the legal office here said he could not be on her official birth certificate since he wasn't here and we're not married. We have been trying to...

View more questions Search